+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tranmere back in the football league.

Tranmere back in the football league.

Congrats to Tranmere who have just beaten Boreham Wood in the play off final despite playing with ten men for 89 mins. ie 2-1

So a welcome addition to the fixtures next season along with Macclesfield Town.

Well done to them, another local derby so to speak

With Tranmere and Macc back in the league, things are on the up for Cheshire football after a few miserable years.

Also with these two back does it change our local "derby" status. Surely Macc must be our rivals rather than the club from a different county. (and there be less trouble).

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    With Tranmere and Macc back in the league, things are on the up for Cheshire football after a few miserable years.

Also with these two back does it change our local "derby" status. Surely Macc must be our rivals rather than the club from a different county. (and there be less trouble).
    Irrelevant whether they're in the same county or not-fact is Vale are closer than Macc and since when does the level of mither determine whether a team should be considered rivals or not?
    Macc's rivals are Altrincham.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Irrelevant whether they're in the same county or not-fact is Vale are closer than Macc and since when does the level of mither determine whether a team should be considered rivals or not?
    Macc's rivals are Altrincham.
    Hated rivals!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Hated rivals!
    Lets leave it at rivals, there is too much hate in the world, its a sport not life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post

Macc are friendly rivals really, the only trouble I have seen in Macc was when Chester ground shared their and they relegated us, that was a nasty messy day. There is more rivalry with Tranmere, be interesting to see how they do. vile and joke will always be the teams we hate the most, and rightly so as they are two sets of s**t.

I'm glad Tranmere are back but in terms of away games, it's not a great addition as the ground is such a pain to get to. I was sort of hoping that AFC Fylde might get through or even Wrexham. If only for the fact that two have more 'novelty' factor.
    What price Salford next season?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I'm glad Tranmere are back but in terms of away games, it's not a great addition as the ground is such a pain to get to. I was sort of hoping that AFC Fylde might get through or even Wrexham. If only for the fact that two have more 'novelty' factor.
    What price Salford next season?
    Tranmere isn't really that hard to get to is it? Train to Rock Ferry then a 15 min walk.
    And do we really want another bank rolled outfit from the Fylde in the Football League? Cone on-Fleetwood was bad enough but.......

15 mins? It's never been as quick as that in my experience. Can you send me a map of your route😁