+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Get the rest of the tickets tomoz lads and lasses...

Not sure why Clayton is getting stick here.
    Don St is a problem and needs sorting. Holding back the away fans might be the answer but the club and police don't seem keen.
    Suggesting hanging back a bit doesn't seem too radical an idea

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Lol wasting your time on someone who thinks he knows it all, has Cayton ever been in that situation at NYS? Lol I’m sure he will say he has.

West stand is generally one of last out but it didn’t stop some that did stay behind nearly get hit by flying rocks when Millwall came.

Like I’ve said it’s the club (who were warned about Millwall) who don’t want it to be their problem when/ if it kicks off.

Go on Cayton you can have the last word
    I will have another word if you want to continue the discussion rather than throw insults. Alternatively put me on block so you don't have to read my dribble..

From the 150 ish home games at NYS (can't be bothered to Google the exact amount) Millwall is the only one where outside has been a major problem. That Inc lots of local Derby games where outside the grounds are a hot spot..
    and no I've never been in the situation ( not at NYS) as I'm kept behind until other fans have left the ground though at several other ground I've attended have such bottle necks and as mentioned we used to leave early or wait behind. Contributing to the problem never helps

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Comon mellow. These type of posts don't suit you. You know full well no one has lectured people about when to leave and your a cleaver bloke to workout if 7000 fans leave the ground over a 15 minute period would not be as bad as all 7000 leaving str away..
    We all know it's not ideal though the only solution is spend X amount on a bridge to sent potential 2600 fans into a more dangerous bottle neck situation. or detain the fans for 15 min which syp only do in extreme cases..
    As I said Cayton, I usually wait a good 10-15 minutes after the game has finished but masses of people are still shuffling along Don Street past the crumbling G&C building. The situation is then made much worse by people coming across the car park from the West Stand and increasing the crush in the bottleneck where they enter Don Street.
    Leaving early is not an option for me, I never do whatever the score.
    The exit strategy is dangerous and needs changing but I guess it will take a serious accident before the authorities do anything about it.

This was last reply to e-mail I sent to SYP back in March

Logged as 1119 23/02/2018

Good Evening,

I can confirm this has been looked into and passed for the attention of our silver commander. I am unable to advise of further details.

Many thanks,

South Yorkshire Police

Have I had a reply
    HIF

Got 3 tickets for me and family, this will be my first actual live game as a Rotherham fan. I’ve dreamt about this for a few years, really excited and nervous too as I don’t know what to except but hoping we manage to do Scunny and everybody has a good night.

Up the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    As I said Cayton, I usually wait a good 10-15 minutes after the game has finished but masses of people are still shuffling along Don Street past the crumbling G&C building. The situation is then made much worse by people coming across the car park from the West Stand and increasing the crush in the bottleneck where they enter Don Street.
    Leaving early is not an option for me, I never do whatever the score.
    The exit strategy is dangerous and needs changing but I guess it will take a serious accident before the authorities do anything about it.
    As I said m8. Syp prob don't see it as a problem so nothing will be done until as you say. A serious accident happens.. personally as a parent with older kids and as a grandparent or like Dave with a 4 year old. I would be doing everything possible to keep my youngen safe so if it ment leaving 5/10 minutes early or even waiting 1/2 hour I would do it..

Farhad, I can't make it to the game tomorrow, but for this to be your first live game...WOW! I am confident we can overcome the Iron, but regardless of the score, under the lights with a full house, you will be in for a treat...especially if we batter them or better still, get a last minute winner like we did recently against Donny.

Enjoy the match, I hope this will be your first of many. If it's any comfort, I've been a Miller for 30 years and I still get nervous before every match.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    This was last reply to e-mail I sent to SYP back in March

Logged as 1119 23/02/2018

Good Evening,

I can confirm this has been looked into and passed for the attention of our silver commander. I am unable to advise of further details.

Many thanks,

South Yorkshire Police

Have I had a reply
    HIF
    What the hell is a Silver Commander?
    That's a typically unhelpful response from SYP. It's probably code for "go away, we're not interested in anything to do with football supporters. We weren't at Hillsborough and we still aren't." 😕

Is their silver commander our Mr Meadows? ��

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemiller Mollis View Post
    Farhad, I can't make it to the game tomorrow, but for this to be your first live game...WOW! I am confident we can overcome the Iron, but regardless of the score, under the lights with a full house, you will be in for a treat...especially if we batter them or better still, get a last minute winner like we did recently against Donny.

Enjoy the match, I hope this will be your first of many. If it's any comfort, I've been a Miller for 30 years and I still get nervous before every match.

UTM
    Thank you my man, literally the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck whenever I think about it. Been so sick of seeing the New York on the app and highlights show and not knowing what it’s truly like inside.

Can’t bleeding wait.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast