+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Coventry City PO SF L1 (12.05.18)

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    I’m not sure, but I think refs do get assessed & the poorest ones removed each year?
    You might be right, but it's hard to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Also, given that it was live on TV, there should be retrospective action for the stamp on Duffy.
    Yes indeed Sol, the guy could get a ban and would deserve it if he does, also left some on Forte near the end

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    I’m not sure, but I think refs do get assessed & the poorest ones removed each year?
    Yes, all the ones who get 'F's are removed, and the ones who get 'E's and 'D's are told to carry on until they get it right. It's the same testing mechanism they once used for awarding NVQs in carpentry & joinery.

We were completely, utterly, 100% cheated by one of the most ridiculous penalty awards you are ever likely to see. Even the Sky commentators didn't use the usual "debateable", "contentious", "plausible" refereeing decision platitude they usually turn to. They called it what it was, a refereeing error. This was without doubt a scandalous decision, the only thing that could be debated was whether Tootle's perfectly fair tackle hit the diving Coventry player for a goal kick or went straight out for a corner, never in a million years was it a penalty kick. After weathering the early storm when they hit the post, we produced the perfect away performance, keeping their chances to a minimum while offering a threat at the other end. Huge congratulations to each and every player and member of the coaching staff, you all did everything you could tonight. Unfortunately, I have a nagging fear that our season could be marred by a ludicrously incompetent refereeing decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Also, given that it was live on TV, there should be retrospective action for the stamp on Duffy.
    Echoes of the nasty Gascoigne elbow on Harding at WH Lane, for which he should have been redded, & after which he scored the winner.
    Yes, tech for key in game decisions & retrospective yellows & reds needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We were completely, utterly, 100% cheated by one of the most ridiculous penalty awards you are ever likely to see. Even the Sky commentators didn't use the usual "debateable", "contentious", "plausible" refereeing decision platitude they usually turn to. They called it what it was, a refereeing error. This was without doubt a scandalous decision, the only thing that could be debated was whether Tootle's perfectly fair tackle hit the diving Coventry player for a goal kick or went straight out for a corner, never in a million years was it a penalty kick. After weathering the early storm when they hit the post, we produced the perfect away performance, keeping their chances to a minimum while offering a threat at the other end. Huge congratulations to each and every player and member of the coaching staff, you all did everything you could tonight. Unfortunately, I have a nagging fear that our season could be marred by a ludicrously incompetent refereeing decision.
    Should the player not get a suspension for obvious cheating
    We’re all looking at a poor poor poor decision by the ref but it’s the player that created the incident

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Should the player not get a suspension for obvious cheating
    We’re all looking at a poor poor poor decision by the ref but it’s the player that created the incident
    The reality is that Tootle will get a yellow card for a perfectly fair tackle, and the Coventry player who clearly and deliberately stamped on Duffy will escape scot free.

Just got back and seen the penalty . ****in cheated. We were at the other end so couldn't see if it was but fcuk me , it was an appalling decision . What didn't come over on the tv was how the crowd were getting on the refs back so he was just looking to give them something and boy, didn't he just. Great support from the Notts fans tonight , never stopped singing the whole game. Just one last word about the Coventry fans. Walking back to the car we were threatened and spat at by a group of up to 15 of them , a 55 year old bloke and a 12 year old kid . My lad was frightened to death. Well done you bunch of tossers , up there with Wolves fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The reality is that Tootle will get a yellow card for a perfectly fair tackle, and the Coventry player who clearly and deliberately stamped on Duffy will escape scot free.
    I think the rule is that players can be retrospectively punished for offences which the ref didn’t see. So I’ll be surprised if he’s not banned for the second leg. Not a lot of consolation I know.

We’ve got to use the penalty decision as motivation, there’s no way we can let that travesty influence the final outcome of the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Toots clearly beats the Covo attacker to the ball, stays on his feet and pushes the ball away.....attacker throws himself over Toots feet...peno.

THE WORST DECISION EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL
    Thanks. I’ve not seen any highlights or anything yet but as I’ve said previously we’ve got to use this as motivation to get some kind of justice at Meadow Lane on Friday.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast