+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Match Thread vs Coventry City PO SF L1 (12.05.18)

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Apologies if already mentioned as not read the whole thread but regarding VAR, if we are now at a point where we need to embrace technology in the game maybe the best way to do this is to only use it on a review basis like in cricket?

Each team gets one review per half?
    I think whatever they do, game changing incidents such as penalties, should be open to review.

In Saturdays case, not only would the pen have been denied, they may have lost a player too for diving.

I would rather be on the end of wrong decisions like the penalty at Coventry than have VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I would rather be on the end of wrong decisions like the penalty at Coventry than have VAR.
    No offence mate but that's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    No offence mate but that's just dumb.
    It's not dumb, it's just different to your opinion. Mistakes like these are part of football and have been since the start. You get some in your favour, some go against you, it gives fans something to talk about, laugh about or moan about. I don't want football to be ruined by technology.

It's not dumb, it's just different to your opinion. Mistakes like these are part of football and have been since the start. You get some in your favour, some go against you, it gives fans something to talk about, laugh about or moan about. I don't want football to be ruined by technology.
    I watch a lot of basketball and video reviews really slow the game down. That's accepted because it's a stop start game anyway - time outs, free throws etc. They've been reviewing for many years and even have their own review centre. Usually, the tv viewers and the commentators can see as soon as the right angle view is shown. Still, the reviewing takes way too long and can be really frustrating. Football's a game of flow and reviews would break this up and extend games by many, many minutes. This would be my main worry. If reviewing can be fast and accurate then bring it on. If we're waiting for the ref to signal, the 4th official to rewind and look at every conceivable angle multiple times, having arguments among themselves then the game's better off without it.

I think the way VAR is currently used has made certain matches farcical. I do personally think the technology has a place though. I would favour an approach where the manager has 2 incorrect challenges per match, by either informing the 4th official or throwing a flag onto the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think the way VAR is currently used has made certain matches farcical. I do personally think the technology has a place though. I would favour an approach where the manager has 2 incorrect challenges per match, by either informing the 4th official or throwing a flag onto the field.
    Steve Evans would like 2 every 5 minutes.

I agree with you mate . The penalty the other night pissed me off but yer get some , yer don't get some. VAR doesn't work for footie . I prefer looking back at bad decisions that went for us and thinking we got away with that. I prefer looking at decisions that went against us and thinking we would be a Premiership club now if only.........Ok , slightly!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I agree with you mate . The penalty the other night pissed me off but yer get some , yer don't get some. VAR doesn't work for footie . I prefer looking back at bad decisions that went for us and thinking we got away with that. I prefer looking at decisions that went against us and thinking we would be a Premiership club now if only.........Ok , slightly!
    It like to have VAR just to expose the cheating, diving b%^$&£"s for what they are

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112