+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Coventry City PO SF L1 (12.05.18)

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Lovely to hear the wheelbarrow song blaring out over here in sunny Ireland Notts fans singing their hearts out in what sounds like a great atmostphere
    Yes, great support. Notts fans doing their bit well.

Coventry are destroying us down our left. Should have had at least 2 goals really. Disappointing to watch some of our weak attempts at attack, but we're still in it.

Is Nolo still whinging about that stamp on Duffy? If I were him, I'd let Coventry's obvious hot heads work against them. And not play anything down that soggy patch on our right.

Lively game though. Notts need a bit more smarts if we're going to win today, imo.

That stamp on Duffy was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Virtue needs to remember he's not just there to make up numbers.

Noble looks good when he puts his foot on the ball and looks for a pass, but too often he goofs it under no pressure.
    Noble thinks he's a playmaker, but a lot of the "clever" balls he plays achieve nothing and sometimes end up with us under pressure. I was watching Ryan Yates playing for S****horpe earlier today and there's no comparison in terms of influence on the field. The more I watch Liam, the more I see him turning into Mark Fotheringham before my eyes. Lots of pointing and telling others what to do, but precious little end product himself.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That stamp on Duffy was disgusting.
    It was bad, but there's no point us losing the plot over it now. I'd focus on winding them up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Virtue needs to remember he's not just there to make up numbers.

Noble looks good when he puts his foot on the ball and looks for a pass, but too often he goofs it under no pressure.

Nice to see Grant involved and showing what he's capable of.
    Virtue looks overawed by the occasion, he can't put a foot right. You're right Grant looks to be in much better form.
    Hope we come out less nervy and have more time on the ball and in their half

Cov getting too much time in midfield to put in some decent through balls,,McNulty will score from one of them sooner or later. If Virtue and Noble aren’t stopping those, what are they there for? . Great stop from Collin.

We should have some advantage attacking that end this half. COYP

Forte 1 up

Yeees!

That watery pitch helped us there, thanks to Dan Jones' effort!

Yes! The first time we play forward on the ground!

Get in . Brulliant from Jones

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast