+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loan players

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    If he doesn’t come we need someone as good as or better. Although I think Palmer is under rated I can’t see him and Vaulks bossing the midfield in the Championship as they have done this season.
    Tbh I can't see towell being a championship player.. his work rate commitment and picking the telling pass is there.. where he lacks is the time he needs on the ball.. I mentioned at crimbo on a discussion about him. He always takes 3 touches when 1 is needed. In the championship he will get swallowed up.. someone like ojo at scunny or even our own potter would be ok up a league though watching potter hobbling about yesterday, don't be surprised if he never plays for us again

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ffs who treats their players like that.

I’d take him
    Got a blades fan next door and he reckons wilder could be off in the closed season.. there's a bit of unrest in the boardroom so maybe it will get filtered down.. I'm sure he would be in big demand

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Was chatting to ......... Won't mention names as it's not something the club or towell would appreciate. With Brightons promotion and towells promotion wage increases We are paying about a 1/3 of towells wages with Brighton paying 2/3 and hes still one of our top earners...
    He didn't give figures but doing a guesstimate it's prob around 14/15 grand per week..
    If Towell is on anything like that kind of money we won't sign him and neither should we. It seems a hell of a big wage though for someone who's nowhere near good enough to get into his parent club's team. In fact I'm not sure what his best level is, probably League 1 to be honest so he may have to accept a significant pay cut.
    I wonder if Oztumer from Walsall would be a more realistic option if we go up?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    If Towell is on anything like that kind of money we won't sign him and neither should we. It seems a hell of a big wage though for someone who's nowhere near good enough to get into his parent club's team. In fact I'm not sure what his best level is, probably League 1 to be honest so he may have to accept a significant pay cut.
    I wonder if Oztumer from Walsall would be a more realistic option if we go up?
    ill give you the pertol money if you go n fetch him..

ill give you the pertol money if you go n fetch him..
    I guess there'll be bigger fish than us interested in him unfortunately.

Was chatting to ......... Won't mention names as it's not something the club or towell would appreciate. With Brightons promotion and towells promotion wage increases We are paying about a 1/3 of towells wages with Brighton paying 2/3 and hes still one of our top earners...
    He didn't give figures but doing a guesstimate it's prob around 14/15 grand per week..
    14k is what I was told as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12