+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan players

Loan players

Irrespective of what division we are in next season I would hope we could sign Rodak, Emmanuel, Towell and Lavory. With the exception of Lavory (who has been great as a sub) they have been so influential this season.

Agree on all, but as always seems to happen with loan players when they come to us, we put them in the shop window and they get snapped up as we get priced out of the market.

lavery could well be here next season... hes a very polite young man and had time for every fan who asked for a picture or autograph..
    he also mentioned that he found out about sheff u putting him on the transfer list by social media..

Towell has openly said that he would consider coming back here but only if we are in the Championship. From what I hear he is also on high wages at Brighton in comparrison to what we are rumoured to pay so it would be a big ask to get him on a permenant deal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    lavery could well be here next season... hes a very polite young man and had time for every fan who asked for a picture or autograph..
    he also mentioned that he found out about sheff u putting him on the transfer list by social media..
    Ffs who treats their players like that.

I’d take him

I would go for Rodak,if Fulham get promoted,he will probably get little chance of first team action next season.However if we gave him a good package deal and assured him of first team football, he could well be persuaded to stay here. Emmanuel would be a fantastic signing but I think he is tied to Ipswich for another season.Not too bothered about keeping Towell and Lavery,if we get promoted they will not be good enough at that level and there are better players out there.

I'd be particularly interested in signing Rodak and Emmanuel - they are only young lads, and are likely to improve further. Even if we have to pay transfer fees they would be good investments for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Towell has openly said that he would consider coming back here but only if we are in the Championship. From what I hear he is also on high wages at Brighton in comparrison to what we are rumoured to pay so it would be a big ask to get him on a permenant deal in my opinion.
    Was chatting to ......... Won't mention names as it's not something the club or towell would appreciate. With Brightons promotion and towells promotion wage increases We are paying about a 1/3 of towells wages with Brighton paying 2/3 and hes still one of our top earners...
    He didn't give figures but doing a guesstimate it's prob around 14/15 grand per week..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Was chatting to ......... Won't mention names as it's not something the club or towell would appreciate. With Brightons promotion and towells promotion wage increases We are paying about a 1/3 of towells wages with Brighton paying 2/3 and hes still one of our top earners...
    He didn't give figures but doing a guesstimate it's prob around 14/15 grand per week..
    If he doesn’t come we need someone as good as or better. Although I think Palmer is under rated I can’t see him and Vaulks bossing the midfield in the Championship as they have done this season.

If the choice was only 1 of the 4 it's rodak
    2nd choice would be Emmanuel
    Then lavery n towell
    Tbf lavery goal to minute ratio is on par with Moore (for the millers) he's not as skillful as ball though over a season imo
    he would bag more goals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast