+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by LammyTS1 View Post
    Out of the 7 groups and 37 seeded teams, 4 of the top 14 seeds were in our small group of 10.

7. AZ Alkmaar (25.000)
    12. Burnley (15.921)
    13. Atalanta (15.249)
    14. Molde (12.5000)
    29. Zalgiris Vilnius (5.500)

Placing teams into groups of 10/12 was only introduced 10 years ago so teams could be grouped together by geographical areas and then by a fair distribution of seeded/non-seeded teams. In the past few years, UEFA have only loosely followed this rule due to limitations. In the 1st rnd, Hibs were grouped geographically but Sevco in the depths of far Eastern Europe.
    In the 2nd rnd, we got geographic seeds but by a totally unfair distribution. A fair one should be 1 team from seeds 1-7, then 8-14, 15-21, 22-28, 29-37.
    It's time for UEFA to abandon this nonsense and resort to a plain simple draw, 37 seeds & 37 non-seeded.
    Or how about just f@ck seeding off entirely. Tennis has a lot to answer for. C@nts

Was just looking at fixtures elsewhere that night. If I dinna get a ticket which in all reality is looking like the case im going to head elsewhere (where I don't need DNA) Vitesse v Viitorul (Gheorghe Hagis team) or Lillestrom v LASK Linz are tempting both a caker to get to. Went past them both on the train on other fitba trips. Any other second class citizen is more than welcome to join me

F@ck you Turf Moor

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Was just looking at fixtures elsewhere that night. If I dinna get a ticket which in all reality is looking like the case im going to head elsewhere (where I don't need DNA) Vitesse v Viitorul (Gheorghe Hagis team) or Lillestrom v LASK Linz are tempting both a caker to get to. Went past them both on the train on other fitba trips. Any other second class citizen is more than welcome to join me

F@ck you Turf Moor

Cannae agree mair, Burnley FFS

Vitesse is a good ground went there no long after it opened, plenty of history for you there tae Pacmin, the museum at Oesterbeck (I think) is amazing

I mind being there in the 80s and they had a recreation of a shelled hoose.

The wall paper had charcoal graffiti that read in big black letters

**** The Huns.......magic

Turf Moor nae thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Cannae agree mair, Burnley FFS

Vitesse is a good ground went there no long after it opened, plenty of history for you there tae Pacmin, the museum at Oesterbeck (I think) is amazing

I mind being there in the 80s and they had a recreation of a shelled hoose.

The wall paper had charcoal graffiti that read in big black letters

**** The Huns.......magic

Turf Moor nae thanks
    Vitesse it is then. First flight oot, see the sights, drink the beer, conquer, watch the fitba, fly home on Friday and go and see the Wildhearts. Sorted

I hope the graffiti is still there

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

F@ck you Turf Moor
    I’ve got a mere 167 points but can’t make it anyhoo. IF that’s enough I’ll happily buy and pass on

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Burnley cricket club seem pretty hospitable on match days. Could be worth a look for a few pints. Although not sure about night time KO's.
    Accrington Cricket Club is even better. Jimmy Anderson and Bumble's home club. Equidistant between Blackburn and Burnley. Nae sure if it's open every night like. Very hospitable when I was there.

www.accringtoncc.com

I used to bide at the Higher Trapp hotel (a Best Western) up the hill from Accrington in Pendle, if that's any help for accommodation.

http://www.lavenderhotels.co.uk/Higher-Trapp

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I wouldn't count on Burnley not being up for this. They may never have the opportunity to play in European competition again so there will be significant expectations from their fans to progress to the group stages.

Still, it's another British team so I think we've got as much of a chance of pulling off an upset as your average League 1/Championship club in an FA Cup tie.

The performance of English teams in Europe outside of the top 6 has been pretty underwhelming in recent years which demonstrates that outside of the big teams the league is largely overpaid and overhyped.
    Of course Burnley will be right up for this.
    They are not the kind of team, and they certainly don't have the type of manager who will be complacent

Name:  post card.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    I’ve got a mere 167 points but can’t make it anyhoo. IF that’s enough I’ll happily buy and pass on
    If that’s enough I would defo take a couple off you and pay extra ££ as unfortunately don’t think I will have enough points

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas_jk View Post
    If that’s enough I would defo take a couple off you and pay extra ££ as unfortunately don’t think I will have enough points
    Not looking for profit, just don't think those with the most points necessarily deserve a ticket

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast