+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Being lazy! If we did achieve the unlikely what date is the Istanbul leg? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Being lazy! If we did achieve the unlikely what date is the Istanbul leg? Thanks.
    9th and 16th August

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    9th and 16th August
    We'd only be playing one leg in Istanbul - on the 9th August.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    We'd only be playing one leg in Istanbul - on the 9th August.
    Thanks I was hoping someone would pull me up for that!! The moral of the story being read the actual quote before you reply

Thanks. Understood what you meant. Dearer flight than I expected. Out of Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I just dont know......if we win the home tie, i think we might make it.

Everyone is writing us off immediately, but Burnley are only playing their first pre season game tonight against Preston...surely thats madness from them or they genuinely consider us too easy to bother playing extra pre season games..they might be right, but its a small gamble that could bite them in the ersehole.

We are weeks ahead of them in terms of fitness which will count a lot after 70mins....so we need to hope that works for us because clearly there is a gulf in quality.

West Brom was the perfect game to play before this to be fair....even though they are a step below Burnley.

COYR
    Burnley have played 5 pre-season friendlies with mixed results. We started with a 1-0 win at Cork City before two different teams played behind-closed-door games at home to League One teams Blackpool and Shrewsbury. Both were lost 0-2 and 0-1, respectively.

On Friday, again two different teams played at L2 Macclesfield (2-0) and sixth tier Curzon Ashton (5-2).

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    It's İstanbul Başakşehir, with the first leg in Istanbul.
    I know it’s probably a moot point given the round 2 opposition but FFS what a s’hite draw again compared to some we could have had.

Fairly new team with big bucks behind them. Seems from what I heard on radio today it’s reckoned they have a good pop at the Turkish title this year.

Look at that draw again compared to HIV’s and Sevco - f’uckin Molde and Maribor. Would have fancied a pop at either of them.

UEFA not on our side at all this year 😔
    Last edited by The_Moog; 23-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I know it’s probably a moot point given the round 2 opposition but FFS what a s’hite draw again compared to some we could have had.

Fairly new team with big bucks behind them. Seems from what I heard on radio today it’s reckoned they have a good pop at the Turkish title this year.

Look at that draw again compared to HIV’s and Sevco - f’uckin Molde and Maribor. Would have fancied a pop at either of them.

UEFA not on our side at all this year ��
    Agree with you about UEFA and the draw, but Burnley are at their best when we are underdogs.

I am more worried about losing to Aberdeen - if we do get through I'd fancy us fitness-wise against the Turks who are a very old side (Adebayor, Clichy and quite a few more over 30 including their skipper who is approaching 38).

In the Premier League, the bookmakers have us as underdogs most weeks - we were joint second favourites for relegation last season before finishing 7th and next season the bookies have us as 6th favs for relegation (to finish 15th out of 20).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

UEFA not on our side at all this year 😔
    we already had a pop at Maribor and ****ed it

Quote Originally Posted by teaboy1903 View Post
    we already had a pop at Maribor and ****ed it
    Aye and we might again - but no reason we’d not go potentially one better either.

Id rather have another go at them than this Turkish mob - team assembled from the cast of Cocoon or not...

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast