+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

So we get a harder draw than Sevco and Hibs again. What was the point of finishing above them in the league?

Because we're the best.

I did look at the list earlier and think " not Istanbul"

Where'er we go
    We fear no foe
    C'ause we are the Aberdeen

Probably a moot point given that we’ve drawn Burnley, but we really have got the sh1tty end of the stick in the draws for Europe.

Hardest team we could get in QR2, & now the hardest team we could get in QR3?
    A moneybags team from Turkey with the likes of Adebayor, Gael Clichy, Arda Turan among others?

Compare that to the scum.
    They get a team in QR2 that finished well below Rijeka, a team we beat 5-2 on agg.
    Then, in QR3, a team we probably should’ve beat (Maribor)

FFS.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Huns,Hibs and ourselves all get knocked out in the 2nd qualifying round.

They may have both got easier ties than us but the teams they are facing are probably better than them.

Whats the panic, Huns and Hibs wont get past 2nd round, should we beat Burnley then a trip to Turkey at this time of year would basically wipe the team out, I just came back a fortnight ago and the temperatures were still mid30's come 11pm, probably the hardest match possible and maybe be better to at least come out of the Burnley game with our self-respect intact.

I think Sevco are one of the very few clubs on the planet I'd want those cheating Maribor. c un ts to beat.
    Hope they have the ref well back hander-ed for those games.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Whats the panic, Huns and Hibs wont get past 2nd round, should we beat Burnley then a trip to Turkey at this time of year would basically wipe the team out, I just came back a fortnight ago and the temperatures were still mid30's come 11pm, probably the hardest match possible and maybe be better to at least come out of the Burnley game with our self-respect intact.
    Yeah tin hat on here but if you were Stewarty Milne or DM to a certain degree, would you really be wanting us to win on aggregate against Burnley? Maybe just write off the europa league this year and save splashing out on a private jet.

The last 4 Europa League campaigns have basically been two legged glamour friendlies, the early start has a detremental effect on the team come the end of the season, sure its better than the League Cup group stages, we would probably make more money out of the two games against Burnley than we would in 4 games against didy Scottish clubs, only downside financially about EL is the cost of transporting the team by private jet to some far flung European outpost, the money paid by Uefa doesnt even begin to cover expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Yeah tin hat on here but if you were Stewarty Milne or DM to a certain degree, would you really be wanting us to win on aggregate against Burnley? Maybe just write off the europa league this year and save splashing out on a private jet.
    Yep. There might be a bit of truth in that......

Said it for years. Just arrange your showbiz friendly, where folk can get their kilts + Timbys on & get pished. Tell UEFA to poke their tournament.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast