+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    No No No !!! We were in Split on way to Bosnia. It would be a hellhole for visiting fans. One team Citt , and I got a very hun like feeling about it. One way in , no way out. Would not be fun at all.

Great place for a wee holiday. But not for football.

I want nother go at Maribor
    Never had a "Hun" feeling about a city before. Lol.

and I got a very hun like feeling about it. r
    in what way

Split airport was easily the worst airport I've ever been in. No place to sit? No place to stand ffs. Overcrowded doesn't describe it. Flight from Newcastle was only time I've seen police at door to plane. Cabin crew were dreading the flight as 5 people had been arrested on arrival the week before.

Split itself was good. Warm, sunny, good beer, cheap food - spoiled slightly for oldies like me by the pub-crawl gangs. Think I'd agree with the hun-like feel. Weekend break to do a bit of ground-hopping Pacman? Great - but I would be very careful if I were to visit there to support the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    in what way
    We got the bus from the airport into town. It`s a crowded abd busy place. The Ground is a fair walk away from the tourist centre. Lots of little nooks and crannies and tiny back streets. LLots of " Split " graffitti everywhere.

Everwhere we went the Locals were all Split fans. Everyone !!

Split fans have been in regular bother with EUFA for aggro and racist abusive behaviour ( Although we know that part can be a bit wishy washy by EUFA ? )

It`s probably the fact that they play in the Blue, White and a bit of red that makes me think " Huns ". But certainly scoping it out as apotential visit ffor us, I thought it looked beyond tassty , and very dangerous s potentially. Too many places and times for ambush by the crazies .

My sixth sense was tingling ......and it ususually doesn`t bother me .......?

Ground looks amazing though. Far better than any of our new drawings..

Their ground is an ancient ****hole. If I could post pics I would. Believe me what happened to our fans in Bosnia would be like a picnic compared to watching us in Split. Been a couple of times, fantastic city in my opinion but would really not want to be going there as an away fan. Loads of high rise flats round the grounds with housing schemes alleys, tunnels etc. Just ask any Everton fan who went last year what it was like getting in and out of the ground. I love Croatia and have had great experiences in many different parts of it but I wouldn't want to be going there as an away fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Their ground is an ancient ****hole. If I could post pics I would. Believe me what happened to our fans in Bosnia would be like a picnic compared to watching us in Split. Been a couple of times, fantastic city in my opinion but would really not want to be going there as an away fan. Loads of high rise flats round the grounds with housing schemes alleys, tunnels etc. Just ask any Everton fan who went last year what it was like getting in and out of the ground. I love Croatia and have had great experiences in many different parts of it but I wouldn't want to be going there as an away fan.
    Cannot comment on Croatia as I’ve never been, however, both grounds in scally land are not exactly a picnic pre/post match.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Cannot comment on Croatia as I’ve never been, however, both grounds in scally land are not exactly a picnic pre/post match.

SF
    Only been to Liverppol for a match the once in 1980. At least the Police were neutral/ out to look after you.

I wouldn`t bet on the Croatian Police being much help in Split ?

( Although tbf the Rijecka lot were ok. Just naturally a bit suspicious at first )

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post

Split itself was good. Warm, sunny, good beer, cheap food - spoiled slightly for oldies like me by the pub-crawl gangs. Think I'd agree with the hun-like feel. Weekend break to do a bit of ground-hopping Pacman? Great - but I would be very careful if I were to visit there to support the opposition.
    Aye they are in my top 5 to go to. The Torcida are the the oldest Ultras in world fitba. Want to see them in action

We got the bus from the airport into town. It`s a crowded abd busy place. The Ground is a fair walk away from the tourist centre. Lots of little nooks and crannies and tiny back streets. LLots of " Split " graffitti everywhere.

Everwhere we went the Locals were all Split fans. Everyone !!

Split fans have been in regular bother with EUFA for aggro and racist abusive behaviour ( Although we know that part can be a bit wishy washy by EUFA ? )

It`s probably the fact that they play in the Blue, White and a bit of red that makes me think " Huns ". But certainly scoping it out as apotential visit ffor us, I thought it looked beyond tassty , and very dangerous s potentially. Too many places and times for ambush by the crazies .

My sixth sense was tingling ......and it ususually doesn`t bother me .......?

Ground looks amazing though. Far better than any of our new drawings..
    Fair dos but a bit cheeky saying Blue first as they are predominantly white.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Fair dos but a bit cheeky saying Blue first as they are predominantly white.

Am I reading this wrong ? You want to see some ultra`s " in action " ??

I hope that`s just waving flags and going boingy boingy .

If it`s otherwise you`d be as well getting off to Spain and watch some " bullfighting "

I certainly don`t want to see the Split ultra`s in action against Dons fans. These European trips are for fun, beer and aye ok , laughing at dutch hoolies try to scare us by throwing a white bicycle.

In action ?? No thanks.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast