+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree, that's the target, the reality however is that were going to nee a lot of luck to get to the group stages.
    That's three rounds where we are the effective unseeded side.
    If we can continue getting tot he QR3, even with the co-efficient changes, we should eventually get improved seedings and make it a little easier each staged progression.
    It's a shame that reality exists, I'd like to ignore it for this year if that's alright? Otherwise we'll need to start winning european games at home which is not something we do very often!

Quote Originally Posted by weejoeharper View Post
    It's a shame that reality exists, I'd like to ignore it for this year if that's alright? Otherwise we'll need to start winning european games at home which is not something we do very often!
    Actually, they should do away with seedings for all the qualifying rounds.
    The better teams should qualify anyway, so why not leave it as an open draw?
    The only reason I can think of (other than helping the bigger teams) is to speed up the draw by having their pots to draw multiple games

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Never mind then. You clearly don`t need to know. As you won`t be going to watch the Dons. Just the " ultra`s"

It was a warning for those of us who choose to go on these Euro trips to support the Dons. And 2 of the regular guys have said they have the same feelings. So for everyone else , if we do draw this lot. We`ll need a plan !!
    Im talking about watching Hadjuk in general not the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Galatasaray is one of the worst ive been to, went over for the local derby against Besiktas about 5/6 seasons ago, jesus min Ive never seen nothing like it.
    I thought id seen my fair share of trouble over the years but nothing prepares you for out in Istanbul, they make the Glesga cheeks look like two lassies fighting in the Metro on a Saturday night.
    I will do it next season.100% definatley.

Banik Ostrava trying to burn down Slavia Pragues ground will take some beating. F@cking insanity

I agree, that's the target, the reality however is that were going to nee a lot of luck to get to the group stages.
    That's three rounds where we are the effective unseeded side.
    If we can continue getting tot he QR3, even with the co-efficient changes, we should eventually get improved seedings and make it a little easier each staged progression.
    You've made a rod for your own back with the 3rd round stuff. What exactly does "should eventually" mean? European football is now designed to keep teams like us down and picking up scraps. We need to start progressing properly and Mcinnes has said it himself.

3rd round every year is not progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You've made a rod for your own back with the 3rd round stuff. What exactly does "should eventually" mean? European football is now designed to keep teams like us down and picking up scraps. We need to start progressing properly and Mcinnes has said it himself.

3rd round every year is not progress.
    What rod?
    We are seeded to go out in QR2, if we progress to QR3, then we are taking steps to improvement in the coefficients.
    May even mean we scrape seeding for QR2 next year.

That's the reality.

Of course we want to target and get as far as possible, but getting to QR3 is not failure and will over time make it easier for us to progress further

What rod?
    We are seeded to go out in QR2, if we progress to QR3, then we are taking steps to improvement in the coefficients.
    May even mean we scrape seeding for QR2 next year.

That's the reality.

Of course we want to target and get as far as possible, but getting to QR3 is not failure and will over time make it easier for us to progress further
    How long? How easier? How long is a piece of string?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    How long? How easier? How long is a piece of string?
    Indeed, how long is a piece of string?
    After years of omission and poor performances in Europe, it will take time to rebuild our co-efficient, not helped by the revamped calculation.
    We have successfully done that year on year and our aim should be to continue improving that coefficient.

If we get a run that far exceeds the seeding expectations, then that is good and shortens the length of string, but steady improvement is not necesarily achieved with a "I want it now" philosophy

Nobody should take the coefficient seriously

Indeed, how long is a piece of string?
    After years of omission and poor performances in Europe, it will take time to rebuild our co-efficient, not helped by the revamped calculation.
    We have successfully done that year on year and our aim should be to continue improving that coefficient.

If we get a run that far exceeds the seeding expectations, then that is good and shortens the length of string, but steady improvement is not necesarily achieved with a "I want it now" philosophy
    You are needlessly getting the excuses in already to back up a ridiculous point you've made before. We don't have time to **** about.

Mcinnes wants it now as well.

We could be ****e next year, the world could end the following year.

Seize the moment laddie! Seize the moment.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast