+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Am I reading this wrong ? You want to see some ultra`s " in action " ??

I hope that`s just waving flags and going boingy boingy .

If it`s otherwise you`d be as well getting off to Spain and watch some " bullfighting "

I certainly don`t want to see the Split ultra`s in action against Dons fans. These European trips are for fun, beer and aye ok , laughing at dutch hoolies try to scare us by throwing a white bicycle.

In action ?? No thanks.
    In action supporting their team. Not v us to make that clear as they are nae nice c@nts.

Same goes for Galatasaray and Legia Warsaw are on my list

I want an irish team

Oh aye i still dont get the hunnish thing. Sectarianism? Wife beating? EBTs? Coaches touching kids? Admitting a new club when it suits?Rule Britania?
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-05-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    In action supporting their team. Not v us to make that clear as they are nae nice c@nts.

I want an irish team

Oh aye i still dont get the hunnish thing. Sectarianism? Wife beating? EBTs? Coaches touching kids? Admitting a new club when it suits?Rule Britania?
    Never mind then. You clearly don`t need to know. As you won`t be going to watch the Dons. Just the " ultra`s"

It was a warning for those of us who choose to go on these Euro trips to support the Dons. And 2 of the regular guys have said they have the same feelings. So for everyone else , if we do draw this lot. We`ll need a plan !!

I want an irish team

Galatasaray is one of the worst ive been to, went over for the local derby against Besiktas about 5/6 seasons ago, jesus min Ive never seen nothing like it.
    I thought id seen my fair share of trouble over the years but nothing prepares you for out in Istanbul, they make the Glesga cheeks look like two lassies fighting in the Metro on a Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Galatasaray is one of the worst ive been to, went over for the local derby against Besiktas about 5/6 seasons ago, jesus min Ive never seen nothing like it.
    I thought id seen my fair share of trouble over the years but nothing prepares you for out in Istanbul, they make the Glesga cheeks look like two lassies fighting in the Metro on a Saturday night.
    I think you do the Metro ladies a disservice. I was speaking to a cop once who said he would do a cheeks game anytime rather than have to police a Take That crowd at Hampden again.
    Last edited by krakowdon; 24-05-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Grammar Police might be watching

Like Pacman, I enjoy groundhopping in Europe - usually five, six or seven times a season. One of the pleasures is watching the Ultras and how they support their team in their stadium.

I wouldn't mind going to see Hadjuk Split. Nice and cheap and take the wife.

If we were playing them tho I'd adopt a very different approach. Dont think it would be a pleasant wee jaunt.

[QUOTE = cougared]I wouldn't mind going to see Hadjuk Split. Nice and cheap and take the wife. [/QUOTE]

.... That'll be the wife beatin sorted then

I'm hoping for a wee chilled out place that's nae that easy to get to so that there's nae thoosands of us. Nice and cheap and warm and one that the Dons can get through. Somewhere in Romania or Moldova would do.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I'm hoping for a wee chilled out place that's nae that easy to get to so that there's nae thoosands of us. Nice and cheap and warm and one that the Dons can get through. Somewhere in Romania or Moldova would do.
    Ideally, I'd want the lowest seed that could gain us a seeding place in the 4rd round.
    Unfortunately, thats likely to be the likes of Molde, Bordeaux, Apollon Liomassol, Rio Ave, Asteras Tripolas or a few other which are yet to be decided.

Otherwise, I want the lowest seeds in QR2 to give us a better opportunity to progress to QR3 and continue to improve our Co-Efficient for next year.
    I'd happily take a Dundalk and then get a glamour tie in the third round

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ideally, I'd want the lowest seed that could gain us a seeding place in the 4rd round.
    Unfortunately, thats likely to be the likes of Molde, Bordeaux, Apollon Liomassol, Rio Ave, Asteras Tripolas or a few other which are yet to be decided.

Otherwise, I want the lowest seeds in QR2 to give us a better opportunity to progress to QR3 and continue to improve our Co-Efficient for next year.
    I'd happily take a Dundalk and then get a glamour tie in the third round
    I agree. The main thing is to get to the group stages - the only target worth bothering about. Last year the money was €2.6 for qualifying plus €360,000 for each win, €120,000 for a draw. So with two wins and a draw we could earn €3,560,000 plus TV money, attendance money etc less win bonuses (ever hopeful!) and travel. Not too bad and would take us well on the way to reach the fabled Top 100 and £20M turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by weejoeharper View Post
    I agree. The main thing is to get to the group stages - the only target worth bothering about. Last year the money was €2.6 for qualifying plus €360,000 for each win, €120,000 for a draw. So with two wins and a draw we could earn €3,560,000 plus TV money, attendance money etc less win bonuses (ever hopeful!) and travel. Not too bad and would take us well on the way to reach the fabled Top 100 and £20M turnover.
    I agree, that's the target, the reality however is that were going to nee a lot of luck to get to the group stages.
    That's three rounds where we are the effective unseeded side.
    If we can continue getting tot he QR3, even with the co-efficient changes, we should eventually get improved seedings and make it a little easier each staged progression.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast