+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

The shortlist of possible opponents in QR3 is out.

Nothing to be feared here.

Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) v Pyunik (ARM)
    Dunajská Streda (SVK) v Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
    St. Gallen (SUI) v Sarpsborg (NOR)
    Dundalk (IRL) v AEK Larnaca(CYP)
    İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    The shortlist of possible opponents in QR3 is out.

Nothing to be feared here.

Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) v Pyunik (ARM)
    Dunajská Streda (SVK) v Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
    St. Gallen (SUI) v Sarpsborg (NOR)
    Dundalk (IRL) v AEK Larnaca(CYP)
    İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
    Yep, decent draw.
    Would want to miss Larnaca and İstanbul Başakşehir got to the group stages last year haven beaten Club Bruge in the champions league and narrowly losing out to Sevilla in the PO round to drop into the Europa League groups.

Would love to go to Minsk. But two problems. Ill be offshore and also i canna see us beating Burnley

I just dont know......if we win the home tie, i think we might make it.

Everyone is writing us off immediately, but Burnley are only playing their first pre season game tonight against Preston...surely thats madness from them or they genuinely consider us too easy to bother playing extra pre season games..they might be right, but its a small gamble that could bite them in the ersehole.

We are weeks ahead of them in terms of fitness which will count a lot after 70mins....so we need to hope that works for us because clearly there is a gulf in quality.

West Brom was the perfect game to play before this to be fair....even though they are a step below Burnley.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I just dont know......if we win the home tie, i think we might make it.

Everyone is writing us off immediately, but Burnley are only playing their first pre season game tonight against Preston...surely thats madness from them or they genuinely consider us too easy to bother playing extra pre season games..they might be right, but its a small gamble that could bite them in the ersehole.

We are weeks ahead of them in terms of fitness which will count a lot after 70mins....so we need to hope that works for us because clearly there is a gulf in quality.

West Brom was the perfect game to play before this to be fair....even though they are a step below Burnley.

COYR
    They played two separate clubs on Friday night. They split their squad and they beat Curzon Ashton 5-2 and their other team beat Macclesfield 2-0.

Still nothing to fear though. They will have us written off which is a mistake. I always remember Copenhagen... anything can happen.

As long as we aren't as heavy legged as we were last year then we will be fine. Match fitness will be key and Mcinnes said he would address that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    They played two separate clubs on Friday night. They split their squad and they beat Curzon Ashton 5-2 and their other team beat Macclesfield 2-0.

Still nothing to fear though. They will have us written off which is a mistake. I always remember Copenhagen... anything can happen.
    Ipswich comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    Ipswich comes to mind
    when we had Strachan, Weir, McGhee, McLeish, Miller, Leighton, Kennedy etc?

It's İstanbul Başakşehir, with the first leg in Istanbul.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    It's İstanbul Başakşehir, with the first leg in Istanbul.
    Adebayor and Clichy in their ranks

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast