+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Campaign 2018-19

Europa League Campaign 2018-19

May as well start this now since we're confirmed as qualified.

Couple of questions for statto-extraordinaire kkong...

Read today in the Presser that if Celtic win the Cup we enter the EL at QR2. Is that right, even if we finish 3rd?

QR2 starts July 26th?

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    May as well start this now since we're confirmed as qualified.

Couple of questions for statto-extraordinaire kkong...

Read today in the Presser that if Celtic win the Cup we enter the EL at QR2. Is that right, even if we finish 3rd?

QR2 starts July 26th?
    If Celtic win the cup then second place enters at QR2 with third and fourth entering at QR1. If Motherwell win the cup then they go into QR2 and us and Sevco go in at QR1.

Dates for QR1 are 12/19 July and for QR2 are 26 July/2nd August. The draw for both rounds is on 19th June.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    If Celtic win the cup then second place enters at QR2 with third and fourth entering at QR1. If Motherwell win the cup then they go into QR2 and us and Sevco go in at QR1.

Dates for QR1 are 12/19 July and for QR2 are 26 July/2nd August. The draw for both rounds is on 19th June.
    Figured that we had to finish 2nd for us to enter at QR2. Wondered if it was to do with our coefficient.

Wonder if 5th place gets in when Sevco's UEFA licence is withheld?

Figured that we had to finish 2nd for us to enter at QR2. Wondered if it was to do with our coefficient.

Wonder if 5th place gets in when Sevco's UEFA licence is withheld?
    Nah, the coefficient only kicks in to decide whether we are seeded or unseeded in whichever round we enter.

My understanding is that its the SFA that determines whether the UEFA licence is granted so take a wild guess as to whether it will be withheld.

I meant to also add with regard to dates that if we do end up in QR1 there will be 47 ties and of the 94 teams only 7 come from the qualifying round so very good odds that we will know exactly who we are playing on day of draw so plenty of time to plan a trip to Armenia/Albania/Georgia etc. If we go into QR2 there are 37 ties and of the 74 teams, 47 come from QR1 so odds are that it will be an either/or type scenario and given QR1 finishes only a week before QR2 we may only have 7 days to confirm travel plans/tickets etc if we are away from home first leg so the usual scramble to figure out weird and wonderful routes to the back of beyond unless people are feeling brave and book two options in advance of QR1 being finalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

My understanding is that its the SFA that determines whether the UEFA licence is granted so take a wild guess as to whether it will be withheld.
    Fanciful notion, I know. However, with Regan out of the picture, I have read that UEFA are taking a closer look. Still expect the f@@kers to get there, though ...

Fanciful notion, I know. However, with Regan out of the picture, I have read that UEFA are taking a closer look. Still expect the f@@kers to get there, though ...
    This is a funny one as the scottish beaks can only grant a license to teams whos books are in order. So how did sevco get in for their hillarious campaign this season. Truth bending? Risky ploy if UEFA were to have carried out a random fair play audit

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    This is a funny one as the scottish beaks can only grant a license to teams whos books are in order. So how did sevco get in for their hillarious campaign this season. Truth bending? Risky ploy if UEFA were to have carried out a random fair play audit
    Because they said their debts were covered by directors and a potential share issue. The fact there was no share issue during this season and the debts have increased has resulted in UEFA querying SFA application this season. They have, allegedly, been told that they need to covert some debt to equity before a licence will be issued hence the rushed share issue.

SFA backed them last season and probably will this season sadly.

C'mon guys don't be churlish, Stevie G in Europe can only help the profile of the Scottish game.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgins09 View Post
    Because they said their debts were covered by directors and a potential share issue. The fact there was no share issue during this season and the debts have increased has resulted in UEFA querying SFA application this season. They have, allegedly, been told that they need to covert some debt to equity before a licence will be issued hence the rushed share issue.

SFA backed them last season and probably will this season sadly.
    The glib and shameless Goldilocks and his 3 bears will not be allowed to participate in a share issue under TOP rules until he makes the mandatory offer he’s been ordered to make. TOP may try to stop the whole thing in court anyway.

Either way, don’t think much in the way of the loans are held by anyone else so they’re nae gonna be able to convert much in the way of loans to equity - not that the SFA will give a toss about that.

Anyone converting their loans, whilst that crook and his pals don’t - would need sectioned as you’d lose your creditor status and if/when Sevco went into admin you’d be totally screwed - like they all where when the 1872 version died. Meanwhile his glibness and his pals remain major creditors entitled to a payout.

Anyone falling for this crooks latest scam deserves to lose all their cash.

Well I think we suffered from not being in round 1 this season.
    It's worth the early start just to get a competitive game under your belt before taking on a better team.

So I'm happy if Motherwell win the cup.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast