+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    You realise that it would have been a different game had he not given the earlier penalty though right? We could have gone straight on the attack from the tackle and made it 2-0. Not giving the later penalty because he knew he got the first one wrong doesn't "even it up" because the second incident wouldn't have happened.

Not that I'm bothered about the hoofball comments but did our goal come from hoofball or was it a passing move that started in our half?

As for your away support, where was your home support? I expected a much bigger attendance tonight.
    Stats suggest Notts have got this one:

Least amount of home losses in the league of 2 in 23 (would have 0 had Nolan not tinkered with tactics)

2nd highest scorers at home on the league

2nd best defence at home in the league.

We've just beat Coventry at home and they were lucky to get a draw last night.

I'll be placing a substantial amount on Notts to go through

Came away from the game last night quite happy. Nolo had a game plan and it worked. We were typically slow out of the blocks and Cov had their best chances first half. Second half we grew into the game and Fortes cheeky goal was timed perfectly.

I’m indifferent about the penalty because sh1t happens and you just have to dust yourself down and get on with it. It would have been nice leaving with the one goal advantage but my concern would be how Nolo would have set us up for that on Friday. At least now we know we have to win the game and will hopefully approach it with a more attacking mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Sound like a massive bellend yourself mate, you were outplayed for long periods of the game hence the 61% possession for Cov. You were organised and committed, but that’s the least I’d expect for a game like that.

Still expect we will beat you next week and fill the Away end and then some....pathetic effort for only one hour down the road, piss poor support which is reflected in your Away stats all season.

See you next week bell end.
    You wouldn't have had your 61% possession if that useless ref had seen the stomp on Duffy and sent Davies off, and you wouldn't have had your goal if he had kept up with play and seen the tackle by Tootle for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Came away from the game last night quite happy. Nolo had a game plan and it worked. We were typically slow out of the blocks and Cov had their best chances first half. Second half we grew into the game and Fortes cheeky goal was timed perfectly.

I’m indifferent about the penalty because sh1t happens and you just have to dust yourself down and get on with it. It would have been nice leaving with the one goal advantage but my concern would be how Nolo would have set us up for that on Friday. At least now we know we have to win the game and will hopefully approach it with a more attacking mindset.
    At last a more balanced view, well said that man.

Penalty was just one of those things that happens, we could get one on Friday.

Move on now and focus and performing as well again Friday and we will go through.

Very disappointed in Coventry last night. First 20 minutes they were the better team but after that Notts managed them very well and chances were even. Once Notts scored, Coventry were done and ran out if ideas.

Well done KN and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post

Move on now and focus and performing as well again Friday and we will go through.

Very disappointed in Coventry last night. First 20 minutes they were the better team but after that Notts managed them very well and chances were even. Once Notts scored, Coventry were done and ran out if ideas.

Our conviction and Quality in the final third let us down last night but I see little in County that worries me. Next week you will need to attack more and that will suit Coventry 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Alright boys. Ffs you lot have your black & white striped specs on! Firstly you played long ball tactics all night. Hoped something would drop from that or a dead ball.
    Secondly we cut you to shreds in every attack and you’re lucky to have a draw!
    How you can say you outclassed is second half is seriously laughable!!
    If tonight did anything it’s to ease my worries about the second leg. We will show you what an away support is supposed to be like with a SELL OUT following!!
    I agree that our penalty was never a pen tho, but that said two mins later one of your players had his have waving above his head, handballed it and nothing was given so I feel it’s evened itself up. See you next week for part two!!!
    You forgot to mention your player was offside in the build up .....

The 2nd best home record in the division should worry you.

Your inability to score from open play last night, should worry you.

Keep underestimating us...love it

The 2nd best home record in the division should worry you.

Your inability to score from open play last night, should worry you.

Keep underestimating us...love it
    Well we’ve played you three times, hammered you, lost narrowly and drawn....so why should we be overly worried?????? Nobody will underestimate you at all but we’ve played much better teams and beaten them this season.

I'm sorry but I disagree - it wasn't just 'one of those things', it was quite honestly the worst penalty decision I have ever seen. I can't think of a worse one. There are some that are soft, where you think maybe 2/10 refs would give it, but last night's was just insane. It didn't even cross my mind that until he pointed to the spot. That and the stamp have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...1-notts-county

Just look at it! Absolutely ridiculous.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast