Get your very own personalised THE EXEC LOUNGE gifts!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Players to keep

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Deniz will stay if offered. Shame he has bad injury now.

Defence could keep Mohsni, durnan, Robson and Murdoch. Durnan not an elegant player but he can defend. Underrated his contribution in last 2 seasons

Stanton, Gillespie, fyvie, king, mcmullan. I wonder if Scott Fraser will be persuaded to stay.

Slater didnít really get his chance but then didnít manage to force his way in.

Lyng to be sent as far away as possible.

Mikkelsen can be kept as need target man. Matty Smith stays as young prospect
    Moshni. please please no, i thought he started on fire, now he had been found out, and you can see how he can't get a game for Yoevil..Utter useless..Durnan could not keep bees out, Robson is prob the worst left back i have ever seen at united, he is rubbish at everything..One thing that idiot kept playing him, and his confidence is shot to pieces, that was awful to watch..King never took one player on in the play offs, that's a joke..Fraser i would shoot, make me feel a lot better..That is just start, i could go on and on..

Stanton
    Gillespie
    Fyvie (not sure what his deal is)
    Keatings
    Mehmet
    Ralston if possible

That's it. New back 4 (3 if Ralston)
    New strikers that actually link with wide players and midfielders.

Story going round Utd are in negotiations with a large number of players for next season offering 2 yr deals

Depends which players

Decent players will command 2 years

for me there arent many making the cut! too many have disappointed and not enough have shown any sort of consistency.

i the only players i would keep would be:
    deniz
    Ralston (if could get back on loan)
    Fyvie
    stanton
    gilliespie
    fraser (if not already gone)
    keatings

plus the younger guys (smith ,alladyce, ballantyne)

players who im not really fussed if they stay or go would be:
    Moshni- im not convinced with him tbh. decent but not as good as people think tbh
    durnan- solid enough but just thinking its time to go.
    murdoch- good cover but is ok anywhere he plays.
    king- too inconsitent but can be decent on his day
    mcmullan- ^^^
    mikkelson- decent but better options out there
    briels- didnt think he got much of a chance
    mcdonald- more no but if we played him up top more with someone we might have got better out of him.

bye bye
    lewis- wont be back anyway but bombscare
    scobbie- past it+bombscare= gone!
    Quinn- ^^^^^
    toshney- just no
    robson- limeade= gone!
    Edge- harshly treated this year imo but never the greatest tbh.
    flood- cant deny his passion for club but past it im afraid.
    slater- another manager would have got the best out of you
    lyng- less said the better
    mason- dont know who you are?

the size of squad we have is unbelievable thats before you consider some of the wages some of these guys would be on! big clear out needed. get back to basic's. think we need to look more oldschool when getting players. need more players with desire and a mentality to keep going. itll be tough for CL or for a new manager but if we cant keep a few of the better players for next season then confident we could go up but alot of it rides on who the manager will be?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    for me there arent many making the cut! too many have disappointed and not enough have shown any sort of consistency.

i the only players i would keep would be:
    deniz
    Ralston (if could get back on loan)
    Fyvie
    stanton
    gilliespie
    fraser (if not already gone)
    keatings

plus the younger guys (smith ,alladyce, ballantyne)

players who im not really fussed if they stay or go would be:
    Moshni- im not convinced with him tbh. decent but not as good as people think tbh
    durnan- solid enough but just thinking its time to go.
    murdoch- good cover but is ok anywhere he plays.
    king- too inconsitent but can be decent on his day
    mcmullan- ^^^
    mikkelson- decent but better options out there
    briels- didnt think he got much of a chance
    mcdonald- more no but if we played him up top more with someone we might have got better out of him.

bye bye
    lewis- wont be back anyway but bombscare
    scobbie- past it+bombscare= gone!
    Quinn- ^^^^^
    toshney- just no
    robson- limeade= gone!
    Edge- harshly treated this year imo but never the greatest tbh.
    flood- cant deny his passion for club but past it im afraid.
    slater- another manager would have got the best out of you
    lyng- less said the better
    mason- dont know who you are?

the size of squad we have is unbelievable thats before you consider some of the wages some of these guys would be on! big clear out needed. get back to basic's. think we need to look more oldschool when getting players. need more players with desire and a mentality to keep going. itll be tough for CL or for a new manager but if we cant keep a few of the better players for next season then confident we could go up but alot of it rides on who the manager will be?
    Might have added Slater to my list but how can you judge a signing that can't get a game ffs

tbf i meant to put slater in the not fussed group but unlikely hed be back anyways.

Probably hand back a newly bought season ticket if those pathetic f ucks Billy King and Jamie Robson ever play another game.

billy king has at least shown he is capable of doing something over the course of the season. admittedly he has been poor for the last few months but similar to alot of players in the current team a better manager would have got more out of him.

completely agree with robson though. i thought young players with so called "potential" was meant to improve and see some signs of progression? he looks worse now than when he made his debut. a weak fragile not good enough defender imo needed to be punted out on loan few year ago.

Shed Tastic,
    I had forgot about Ballantyne and wonder if he will have his contract renewed? Seems strange he was brought back and roaded straight back out to Montrose, where he played well all season.

As for Briels, i wonder what his story is now as he looked to be coming back from long term injury, then disappeared again. Its on the net elsewhere that the pair laddie has arthritis in his hips, so i wonder if he can get back? Shame as it robbed us of a great player!

Deniz has a cruciate injury might not play this year!! So no from me must be similar or better out there. If we are offering contracts now the clown is staying. FFS

Get rid of all except, fyvie, Fraser, keatings Stanton, McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Get rid of all except, fyvie, Fraser, keatings Stanton, McDonald
    Gutted for Deniz and i think we are duty bound to help him back to fitness since he was injured playing for us. However, that would be 2 crocks we are duty bound to help with Fyvie on his comeback. Someone on the net did cast doubt in Fyvies ability to make it back but am waiting for something from the club on that.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    billy king has at least shown he is capable of doing something over the course of the season. admittedly he has been poor for the last few months but similar to alot of players in the current team a better manager would have got more out of him.

completely agree with robson though. i thought young players with so called "potential" was meant to improve and see some signs of progression? he looks worse now than when he made his debut. a weak fragile not good enough defender imo needed to be punted out on loan few year ago.

Completely agree with your summary of both players

Robson is woeful

Keep Fyvie, Stanton, Mohsni & Mehmet. Bin all others and that includes Billy"Dow" King & the limeade kid....... sounds like a 1960s western

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Do you think St Mirren had better players(on paper)than us? Genuine question and not a dig.
    I honestly couldn't say as I don't know enough about their players. A couple of things though, football isn't played on paper 🙂 and evidence says they are, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I honestly couldn't say as I don't know enough about their players. A couple of things though, football isn't played on paper �� and evidence says they are, yes.
    Our better players on paper wouldve been better players in reality if they were guided better from a better coach.

Two different coaches tried and failed. Says a lot I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Two different coaches tried and failed. Says a lot I think.
    But you are delighted to keep Flood and Murdoch? Two mainstays of our mediocrity???

The midfielder that plays anywhere but? He is not a solution at RB, LB or CB so why keep him?

Willo runs about and invariably achieves the square root of hee-haw....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast