+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

no one can deny flood's love for the club but hes past it. after his first year at aberdeen he wasnt a key player for them anymore hence the move back here. he should have been dominating this divison considering where we were getting him from but instead hes looking poor with the occasional good game. going by his reaction after getting sent off by livi, his love of the club might actually get in the way (he cares too much if thats even possible) it didnt look healthy for himself. at his age we shouldnt be reling on him to be the driving force for the team. he should have been used more effectively (this year and last year) so we could get the best out of him without needing him to play every game.

murdoch is basically stuart duff. capable of filling in anywhere you need him but just isnt really that great anywhere. ok for cover but nothing more. he shouldnt be a key player for us but yet he plays majority of games. A failed midfielder who got shoehorned into RB cause Ray didnt sign a decent one then kept him there instead of signing one in the summer.

All i can say is it shows how poor the likes of Scobbie, edge, durnan, robson, mason and quinn must be that a poor midfielder has been played over players who are NATURAL in them positions.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    All i can say is it shows how poor the likes of Scobbie, edge, durnan, robson, mason and quinn must be that a poor midfielder has been played over players who are NATURAL in them positions.
    It was Durnans injury that put Doc in at CB so i dont think he should be tarred with the same brush as Scobbie, Quinn and Mason!

Robson i just dont understand as he has so much promise, but cannot take that onto the park.

As for Edje, i think he was playing injured until Shabba came in then sent him to get sorted. Once back and until Moshni, i cant see why Scobbie was getting a game ahead of Edje.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    But you are delighted to keep Flood and Murdoch? Two mainstays of our mediocrity???

The midfielder that plays anywhere but? He is not a solution at RB, LB or CB so why keep him?

Willo runs about and invariably achieves the square root of hee-haw....
    I guess it wasn't really clear but my post on the other thread was to do with keep Csaba, not a comment on keeping Flood and Murdoch.

Briels on the way out too. I’d have given him a chance tbf

I don't think we can afford to keep any player that's proved to be as injury prone as Briels.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I guess it wasn't really clear but my post on the other thread was to do with keep Csaba, not a comment on keeping Flood and Murdoch.
    Aaah, ok. Out of interest then would you keep the above two?

If Csaba stays, and hopes to prosper he will need to be ruthless - imo the above two need to be cut

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    It was Durnans injury that put Doc in at CB so i dont think he should be tarred with the same brush as Scobbie, Quinn and Mason!

Robson i just dont understand as he has so much promise, but cannot take that onto the park.

As for Edje, i think he was playing injured until Shabba came in then sent him to get sorted. Once back and until Moshni, i cant see why Scobbie was getting a game ahead of Edje.
    fair dos durnan was injured but murdoch got played over him in games were durnan was meant to be fit. Robson's just not strong enough physically and mentally to play first team football at united. he should have been on loan somewhere making the mistakes and getting tougher but instead was forced to be in the united 1st team as we got relegated. having said that he should have been seeing some sort of progress from him from 2 years in the 1st team. but we dont!

edge was never really a great player but was a decent defender for the division. his injury ruined any chance of playing this season but still didnt really get much of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Aaah, ok. Out of interest then would you keep the above two?

If Csaba stays, and hopes to prosper he will need to be ruthless - imo the above two need to be cut
    Really unsure TBH. Definitely Flood ahead of Murdoch but I'm not too sure I'd keep either.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I don't think we can afford to keep any player that's proved to be as injury prone as Briels.
    Agreed but we are sticking with fyvie?

I defo wouldnt keep Flood, he is past it and seems to be getting an attitude that je knows best and is bigger than club..
    Csaba emptting squad completely worries me as who in Acottish football (with any prospects) will actually come play for him? Very little imo as they will know how much of a micro manager he is and will not be confident of group success.. Therefore squad will be a load of fringe european plagers.. We will end up hetting relegated again!.. Hes just spouted aload of dribble again amd way too early.. He could wIt a few weeks till replaceme ts fou d before getting rid.. His technique is not givimg a sense of 'stability'.. Very worrying times..

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)