+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Clearly there's a new U20s coach/manager coming in. What's the chances of us getting our wish for Stevie Campbell??
    Craig Eastons the rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Craig Eastons the rumour.
    Aye, Eastie's the man confirmed.

Happy with Aird but a bit underwhelmed by Curran. Having already signed Clark, extended Matty Smiths contract and James Keatings returning from injury I was hoping we would sign a big target man striker and a winger/striker like Murray. Maybe room in the budget for at least one more striker but don’t think Curran is much better than what we have. Will be delighted to be proved wrong though.

The Curran signing reminds me of the Noel Hunt signing all those years ago. We weren't exactly over the moon at his signing at the time and his scoring record was poor but he turned out to be a quality signing. Curran is seemingly similar to Hunt as in decent in the air and runs himself into the ground for 90 mins. Will be delighted if he was half as good as Hunt

All the players we have signed are not light weights and with exception of one run themselves into ground. Dont need to be 6ft 3 to not get bullied on park. But would like some height up top as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    The Curran signing reminds me of the Noel Hunt signing all those years ago. We weren't exactly over the moon at his signing at the time and his scoring record was poor but he turned out to be a quality signing. Curran is seemingly similar to Hunt as in decent in the air and runs himself into the ground for 90 mins. Will be delighted if he was half as good as Hunt
    In his interview on the zone he describes himself as loud and aggressive.

Have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the signings so far. A good solid central defender and we would be shaping up nicely. Much more optimistic that I thought I would be at this stage. Perhaps this is the reason the chairman was so adamant in sticking with Shabba. Maybe Shabba does have a cohesive vision and told the chairman what he was needing and he would deliver with his squad rather than the sterile one he inherited.

Signings coming thick and fast. Some real positives in there. Some more work on spine would be ideal. Big striker and a tough midfielder and CB.

Would it be crazy to think we might sign Mohsni back. We took a chance on him when no one else would. Seemed to be bit of a connection with him and club. That would be an awesome signing to pull off. I know he’ll be with Tunisia now but he is the type we need

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Signings coming thick and fast. Some real positives in there. Some more work on spine would be ideal. Big striker and a tough midfielder and CB.

Would it be crazy to think we might sign Mohsni back. We took a chance on him when no one else would. Seemed to be bit of a connection with him and club. That would be an awesome signing to pull off. I know he’ll be with Tunisia now but he is the type we need
    Evening LS (what kind of username is that lol ) ok I agree with your first paragraph, not so sure on your second. What little I saw of Mohsni from televised gamesI think we might get better. I'd be looking for a Darren Dodds type a big no nonsense scary big commanding presence. 2 of them tbh. Judging by the signings in the last 24 hours that's maybe exactly the type we'll see coming in.

Still not chuffed were sticking with the clown but signings have been good so far.
    Maybe more to do with our new chief scout though.

Durnan should have been kept, His contribution has been under rated
    Defensively he can defend and a good threat in the oppositions box on corners and wide free kicks
    He's not the little dribbling type of player but with the proper partner alongside him in the rear guard reckon he could have excelled
    A few good wins under our belt the confidence would grow all through the team

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)