+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Squad for next season!

After seeing other comments, i had a look see as to what the starting point is for next seasons squad. Thought things couldnt get worse after this season but its not a good starting point!

We start with Josh Donalson as keeper, and having never seen him, i can make no comment. Deniz is out of contract but i feel should be given another season as he proved good enough when we finally bit the bullet and dropped Lewis. A mistake that we really need to learn from!

Defence gives me the skits! Toshney and Scobbie should be drop kicked into whoever wants em! Edje and Murdoch might make muster if Ralston and Moshni can be tempted back, but if better can be found, send them out!

Our player of the season, Stanton, i have no issue with keeping for midfield, but i have doubts about McMullan, King and is Allardice good enough to help us next season? When he takes a game, McMullan can pull a trick out the hat and score a cracker or 3. But there is the other side having been sent off twice. King is just frustrating and wonder what the problem is with him. My feeling is another squad member is having a negative effect on him! I think we are duty bound to sign Fyvie up for another season, even if that is just to see if he can get back playing, then back to his best for us. I would also give Gillespie a chance to prove what he can do.

Dont have much to say about up front as Keatings has his now documented issues which he seems to be beating. As for Matty Smith, i do think there is something there and has not been given the chance so maybe next season. Unless we can find better, i would have Mikkelsen back, but i think i would be the only one for that.

Departures from a squad of 31 leaves us with 11 players, 5 or 7 of which could be asked to find other clubs. I would offer 5 of the out of contract a new deal which leaves us still looking for as much as 18-20 players!
    So for now we have
    Donaldson,
    Toshney, Murdoch, Edje, Scobbie
    McMullan, Allardice, Stanton, King,
    Smith, Keatings.

At least its 4-4-2!

Haha, that does make depressing reading!!!

I wouldn’t want any of that back four... really don’t know what’s happened to the Edge, he was decent if not spectacular initially but his form has fallen off a cliff.

Only Stanton from the midfield ideally but King/McMullan are decent back-up. Both have ability, we just need a manager that can get a tune out of them.

I don’t really see what others see in big Phil, he doesn’t do enough for me and isn’t strong enough.

Hopefully Keatings will be fully recovered and Smith will be better for another year’s experience.

Big task for the manager (whoever it is but please not CL) to rebuild.

I'd keep Stanton but other than that we need a clear out.

We’ve not been good enough last 3 seasons, time to build a credible team with some quality and no deadwood we can’t afford it for cash situation or need to get back up.

Some will ride out their contracts not playing, their prerogative and our legacy of mismanagement unfortunately.

There is so much fear in the game these days, managers and coaches have made a very simple game very complicated.

A very average manager, with a lack of fear would have got us to at least second place this year.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    There is so much fear in the game these days, managers and coaches have made a very simple game very complicated.

A very average manager, with a lack of fear would have got us to at least second place this year.
    Agree 100% - and average manager would have won this league.

It amazes me anyone would think we had the players to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You think the clown deserves to stay, so your judgement is cloudy at best.

That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Do you think St Mirren had better players(on paper)than us? Genuine question and not a dig.

Deniz will stay if offered. Shame he has bad injury now.

Defence could keep Mohsni, durnan, Robson and Murdoch. Durnan not an elegant player but he can defend. Underrated his contribution in last 2 seasons

Stanton, Gillespie, fyvie, king, mcmullan. I wonder if Scott Fraser will be persuaded to stay.

Slater didn’t really get his chance but then didn’t manage to force his way in.

Lyng to be sent as far away as possible.

Mikkelsen can be kept as need target man. Matty Smith stays as young prospect

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)