+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Players to keep

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Deniz will stay if offered. Shame he has bad injury now.

Defence could keep Mohsni, durnan, Robson and Murdoch. Durnan not an elegant player but he can defend. Underrated his contribution in last 2 seasons

Stanton, Gillespie, fyvie, king, mcmullan. I wonder if Scott Fraser will be persuaded to stay.

Slater didn’t really get his chance but then didn’t manage to force his way in.

Lyng to be sent as far away as possible.

Mikkelsen can be kept as need target man. Matty Smith stays as young prospect
    Moshni. please please no, i thought he started on fire, now he had been found out, and you can see how he can't get a game for Yoevil..Utter useless..Durnan could not keep bees out, Robson is prob the worst left back i have ever seen at united, he is rubbish at everything..One thing that idiot kept playing him, and his confidence is shot to pieces, that was awful to watch..King never took one player on in the play offs, that's a joke..Fraser i would shoot, make me feel a lot better..That is just start, i could go on and on..

Stanton
    Gillespie
    Fyvie (not sure what his deal is)
    Keatings
    Mehmet
    Ralston if possible

That's it. New back 4 (3 if Ralston)
    New strikers that actually link with wide players and midfielders.

Story going round Utd are in negotiations with a large number of players for next season offering 2 yr deals

Depends which players

Decent players will command 2 years

for me there arent many making the cut! too many have disappointed and not enough have shown any sort of consistency.

i the only players i would keep would be:
    deniz
    Ralston (if could get back on loan)
    Fyvie
    stanton
    gilliespie
    fraser (if not already gone)
    keatings

plus the younger guys (smith ,alladyce, ballantyne)

players who im not really fussed if they stay or go would be:
    Moshni- im not convinced with him tbh. decent but not as good as people think tbh
    durnan- solid enough but just thinking its time to go.
    murdoch- good cover but is ok anywhere he plays.
    king- too inconsitent but can be decent on his day
    mcmullan- ^^^
    mikkelson- decent but better options out there
    briels- didnt think he got much of a chance
    mcdonald- more no but if we played him up top more with someone we might have got better out of him.

bye bye
    lewis- wont be back anyway but bombscare
    scobbie- past it+bombscare= gone!
    Quinn- ^^^^^
    toshney- just no
    robson- limeade= gone!
    Edge- harshly treated this year imo but never the greatest tbh.
    flood- cant deny his passion for club but past it im afraid.
    slater- another manager would have got the best out of you
    lyng- less said the better
    mason- dont know who you are?

the size of squad we have is unbelievable thats before you consider some of the wages some of these guys would be on! big clear out needed. get back to basic's. think we need to look more oldschool when getting players. need more players with desire and a mentality to keep going. itll be tough for CL or for a new manager but if we cant keep a few of the better players for next season then confident we could go up but alot of it rides on who the manager will be?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    for me there arent many making the cut! too many have disappointed and not enough have shown any sort of consistency.

i the only players i would keep would be:
    deniz
    Ralston (if could get back on loan)
    Fyvie
    stanton
    gilliespie
    fraser (if not already gone)
    keatings

plus the younger guys (smith ,alladyce, ballantyne)

players who im not really fussed if they stay or go would be:
    Moshni- im not convinced with him tbh. decent but not as good as people think tbh
    durnan- solid enough but just thinking its time to go.
    murdoch- good cover but is ok anywhere he plays.
    king- too inconsitent but can be decent on his day
    mcmullan- ^^^
    mikkelson- decent but better options out there
    briels- didnt think he got much of a chance
    mcdonald- more no but if we played him up top more with someone we might have got better out of him.

bye bye
    lewis- wont be back anyway but bombscare
    scobbie- past it+bombscare= gone!
    Quinn- ^^^^^
    toshney- just no
    robson- limeade= gone!
    Edge- harshly treated this year imo but never the greatest tbh.
    flood- cant deny his passion for club but past it im afraid.
    slater- another manager would have got the best out of you
    lyng- less said the better
    mason- dont know who you are?

the size of squad we have is unbelievable thats before you consider some of the wages some of these guys would be on! big clear out needed. get back to basic's. think we need to look more oldschool when getting players. need more players with desire and a mentality to keep going. itll be tough for CL or for a new manager but if we cant keep a few of the better players for next season then confident we could go up but alot of it rides on who the manager will be?
    Might have added Slater to my list but how can you judge a signing that can't get a game ffs

tbf i meant to put slater in the not fussed group but unlikely hed be back anyways.

Probably hand back a newly bought season ticket if those pathetic f ucks Billy King and Jamie Robson ever play another game.

billy king has at least shown he is capable of doing something over the course of the season. admittedly he has been poor for the last few months but similar to alot of players in the current team a better manager would have got more out of him.

completely agree with robson though. i thought young players with so called "potential" was meant to improve and see some signs of progression? he looks worse now than when he made his debut. a weak fragile not good enough defender imo needed to be punted out on loan few year ago.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)