+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Had read Dunfermline fans say he was now going to our fellow 21st century cup winners St Johnstone as of last night, chose to come to the biggest team on Tayside instead
    Maybe a bit of forcing United to finalize the deal.

Happy enough with this and hope there is more of the same and better to come.

Very happy with this, a proven goalscorer for this league

seems to meet criteria of last seasons signings, local market and available, and presumably he got a lot more scoring opportunities with Dunfermline than he would have playing for United last season. Hopefully the manager actually has a vision/idea of how we are going to play and where he is going to fit in.

Marty Smith signs new deal. Pleased with this and hope the lad gets a bit more game time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Marty Smith signs new deal. Pleased with this and hope the lad gets a bit more game time this season.
    Makes sense. He’s done well when involved this season. Hope he kicks on now and becomes established starter

decent imo

Team starting to shape up quite nice.

Donaldson,
    Toshney, Murdoch, Edje, Booth
    McMullan, Allardice, Stanton, King,
    Clark, Keatings.

Robson, Smith, Chalmers, Glass, Appere, Ritchie, Scobbie.

Need at least 2 keepers(1st choice plus 6m loan), 4 Centre backs, 4 midfielders and another attacker.

And i wonder what other ex-Partick players will turn up over the next week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    10 days since i started this but i am, as expected, no more confident we are any further forward. Im not sure about the list of 8 players i think are credible links, but we do seem to be looking for better than we have.

Allowing Deniz to leave injured really didnt sit well with me and i hope he can come back and repay the club. Something rings a bell about having to pay injured players until they recover anyway, so as well to have him around.

Our current line up.....
    Donaldson,
    Toshney, Murdoch, Edje, Robson
    Smith, Keatings.

Bench, Chalmers, Glass, Appere, Ritchie, Scobbie.
    Treatment table, Deniz, Fyvie

Surplus, Scobbie, Edje

I dont expect too much until after next Thursday, but fingers crossed.
    edit.........the 5 on the bench plus the 2 on the treatment table would probably beat that 11
    Last edited by stokearab; 30-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Team starting to shape up quite nice.

Donaldson,
    Toshney, Murdoch, Edje, Booth
    Clark, Keatings.

Robson, Smith, Chalmers, Glass, Appere, Ritchie, Scobbie.

Need at least 2 keepers(1st choice plus 6m loan), 4 Centre backs, 4 midfielders and another attacker.

And i wonder what other ex-Partick players will turn up over the next week or 2.
    Add Fyvie and you have a decent midfield and attack but defence is where we've struggled for a long time, need some good central defenders in to add to Booth. No way will we see 4 CB's in AND 4 midfielders though, more likely 4 in total

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)