+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Would have kept Moshni, Durnan, Ballantyne and Gillespie out of that list.

The replacement have to be of a better standard to win us over or it will be quieter than usual a couple of games in!

Would have kept Moshni and Durnan but never saw a great deal in Ballantyne. Think Gillespie was a 50/50 but in all reality there should be better out there for less wages.

So it begins.
    ****e players out. Csaba's comedy club in.

All i can say is CL better get this right! he's let a few guys go who could have been useful.

if that muppet of a left back gets resigned but guys like fyvie, fraser or moshni cant then i have no clue what CL is seeing.

lets just hope hes got some decent replacements lined up. because he'll need some decent signings to get some sort of faith or hope back in the team or things will be poor next year.

Why are folk assuming the club are telling all these players to go? I'd imagine, for quite a few, it's the other way round.

Gillespie, durnan, ballantyne (not played under 3 manager that tells you something) all bang ****ing average, durnan has his moments where he looks great but other times looks woeful will easy get another club, the most worrying thing is jamie robson isn’t on the binned list, this is seriously worrying

Good luck to them. No great loss to the club there. Who comes in is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would have kept Moshni, Durnan, Ballantyne and Gillespie out of that list.
    Yep, me too. All had enough about them to be of some use next season. I'm really not sure where we think we're getting a better pair of centre-halves.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Why are folk assuming the club are telling all these players to go? I'd imagine, for quite a few, it's the other way round.
    Fair point actually.

Gilliespie wasnt a great player far from it. but he added much added steal infront of the defence. he basically reminded me of paul paton (who people seem to want back)

both would get stuck in but would be dreadful with the ball at their feet. the clean sheets we kept at the end of the season the majority of them had GG in the team. not saying it was all down to him (deniz and moshni had big says in that) but we looked far better defensively by having that protection infront of the defence something flood or stanton weren't great at doing. he should have been kept imo

durnan had his good moments and looked good in this divison but he was never going to win over the fans after the relegation season where he took alot of criticism. i was never fully convinced by moshni tbh. looked decent at the start but by the end he looked complacent alot. thought he could dribble himself out of trouble.

mikkelson was a poor mans jon daly. ok if you give him decent service but just not good enough to help us get out of the division. flood was past it. slater was played out of position. briels was injured. quinn was shocking. mason was hardly played after falkirk. lyng was terrible. lewis was ok at the start but confidence went then became derek stillie.

so only two players i would have kept out of that list was Ralston (if we could get him back that is) and gilliespie.

lets just hope robson joins the list of punted!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)