+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings

Match ratings

Just thought i would get in first and give you my 2 cents worth

Collin 7 Some excellent handling from crosses and commanded his area well, kicking wasn't great
    Tootle 5 Player of the season did not have a good game at all, seemed more interested in his feud down that side and gave away the penalty ( shocking decision from a another bad ref)
    Duffy 7 I thought he was solid tonight, the usual no nonsense from El Capitano
    Brisley 8 Brilliant game from Bris tonight, got seriously stuck in and gave nothing away all night
    Jones 8 Energy levels were unreal even late in the game, brilliant for the goal and put in one hell of a shift all night
    Hewitt 7 Got the boot in and done the simple things right, you wouldn't expect any less from this chap
    Noble 6 Game passed him by once again, tried the silky stuff but didn't come off, time for the bench I think
    Virtue 4 Oh dear.... did not even realize he was on the field until he was subbed, all his decent work in the weeks before undone by this performance
    Grant 8 An excellent game from Grant, not in an attacking sense but his tracking back was excellent and always showed for the ball
    Forte 8 Put in one hell of a shift, his goal was beautiful and looked dangerous all night, lets hope he's not badly injured
    Stead 6 One shot on the turn first half and a few headers won, just goes to ground way too easily looking for free's, not one of his best games

O Connor 7 Always great to see him play, steady head in midfield and some good passes
    Allesandra 7 We looked way more dangerous when he came on, always looked for the ball and did well in his time on the pitch
    Smith n/a

The fans... 10 Brilliant all night and kept with us under the cosh, brilliant stuff from all of you

All in all a decent score to take back to Meadow Lane, one or 2 horrible decisions from the ref yet again has cost us, perfectly good challenge from Toots and it goes against us again which is hard to take ... roll on next Friday and lets put these away

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Virtue 4 Oh dear.... did not even realize he was on the field until he was subbed, all his decent work in the weeks before undone by this performance
    Which performances were these? I think he's ****e, not strong enough for the mens game yet imo.

I'm not going to do all the ratings but I thought Jon Forte had his best game in a Notts shirt tonight, I know he's scored hatricks before but he worked his absolute *******s off tonight until he had nothing left and his goal was phenomenal. I've given him a fair amount of stick but he was fantastic tonight.

Agree with both posts......Forte was superb and his goal would grace the Championship, almost a carbon copy of the one at The Lane.....Virtue is an enigma, along with Noble and Grant, one minute they look "the real deal" the next they are almost invisible.....Noble put a decent shift in, but a lot of his passes went astray, Grant is probably our most gifted player but again he goes missing for 50% of the game....Virtue, not sure, nor is Nolo which is why he subbed him so early......decent draw, despite getting robbed......revenge is due in the next leg. COYP

Please fill the lane everyone.......and scream for every peno shout.....revenge is sweet

Virtue mark a bit harsh.

We were set up to play defensively tonight and to break on the counter. People like Grant and Virtue were having to do lots of tracking back and positional stuff.

It works for Mourinho so why can't it work for Kev?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Agree with both posts......Forte was superb and his goal would grace the Championship, almost a carbon copy of the one at The Lane.....Virtue is an enigma, along with Noble and Grant, one minute they look "the real deal" the next they are almost invisible.....Noble put a decent shift in, but a lot of his passes went astray, Grant is probably our most gifted player but again he goes missing for 50% of the game....Virtue, not sure, nor is Nolo which is why he subbed him so early......decent draw, despite getting robbed......revenge is due in the next leg. COYP

Please fill the lane everyone.......and scream for every peno shout.....revenge is sweet
    Virtue isn't an enigma mate , he simply isn't good enough. I hate being to hard on the kid but if he was older I would describe him as shyte. I know you watch all the games on ifollow but being at a game you see the bigger picture , something I'm sure you know. Yesterday he was all over the place ,as bad as a performance I can remember. MancMagpie thinks his mark is " a bit harsh" I thought it was to generous.

ps. Jones MOM followed closely by Forte . Noble had a good game and I was surprised when he was taken off. Hewitt, Brisley and Duffy excellent as well.
    Last edited by navypie; 13-05-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Virtue i thought was totally overawed with the occasion. He offered Toots absolutely no protection. I was impressed with Grants defensive work and thought he put in a good shift. Speaking to a mate last night and we thought about putting Hewitt right side of midfield. He was originally rght back and would be comfortable playing the line. He would allow Toots a bit more protection and allow him to make more of his mauraudiing runs from right back. A midfield of Hewitt Noble Oconnor and Grant sounds rather appealing.

I saw all 6 first leg playoff semis on TV, and have decided to do ratings for the players who used to play for us rather than those who still do ....

Alex Rodman (Shrewsbury v Charlton). 5 Hard working but ineffective. Some good approach play, but the final touch was often wrong - just as it was when he played for Notts (though he must have improved since then or he wouldn’t be holding down a place in a side near the top of the division above)

Kevin McDonald (Fulham v Derby).7 Played quite deep and passed the ball round well. Hit the bar with a thunderous drive. Never looked the part during his brief spell with Notts but now looks a good player.

Elliott Whitehouse (Lincoln v Exeter). 6 Played just behind the front two, which was further forward than I remember him being from what little I saw of him at Notts. A nondescript performance in what was a poor game.

Ryan Yates (S****horpe v Rotherham). 8 A major influence in a defensive midfield position (one of two). Looked to have made the step up into League 1 without difficulty. Based on this I’d expect him to be a regular in the Championship next season.

Jack Grealish (Aston Villa v Middlesbrough. 8 Outstanding. Seemed to be at the heart of all Villa’s attacking play. One 50 yard dash up the pitch, riding several attempted fouls and nearly scoring, was exceptional. Has got his act together after a difficult period and might now go on to be the player he promised to be when at Notts.

And as far as our match was concerned, I thought Dan Jones was MOTM - good to see him doing so well on the ground where he had a bit of a nightmare on the opening day of the season.

What does Jones have to do to earn a 9?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Hat trick on Friday night would clinch it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    To be honest sidders I should prob bump him up to a 9, his energy was incredible to set up that goal and never stopped running all night, excellent performance and banished the ghost of the opening day horror show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast