+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will stay?

Who will stay?

I'm talking about the over 23s here, I think most of the 23s and under will stay as they have plenty of time to improve, however, our 2 loaners have gone back to their parent clubs, Pennington signed a new contract so he won't be going anywhere, and with hamburger getting relegated for the first time in their history as far as I know, they have 2 options with pml, keep him as he could get 20 goals in B2. Or sell him to reduce the wage bill. Its rumoured they only want 2.2million for him, that's a steal for any club imo, a good striker of the ball, needs a better workrate but knows where the goal is.

Anyway so with those 2 currently gone and probably not coming back, who do you actually think is going to stay. The players in question are :- wiedwald lonergan ayling berardi debock jansson Cooper forshaw Murphy bouy okane klich hernandez Saiz alioski Dallas sacko roofe ekuban cibicki and antonsson

We would have to presume that hernandez will stay, then again Smith signed a new contract and then got sold shortly after so who knows.

Forshaw and debock only joined in January so you'd maybe think they will stay

But after that, potentially any other could leave

Out of that list I'd be keeping ayling berardi debock jansson forshaw alioski Dallas sacko hernandez Saiz and ekuban, but it's down to the powers that be who will decide

On the plus side, which obviously marley won't like me saying coz this is positive and he doesn't do positive, the current 23s and younger look pretty decent prospects, I'd be happy to see our best 11 from the young players play in a decent level friendly to see how they do

Marley may as well not comment on this thread as we know his thoughts already, ie all our best players will leave, and we will be relegated

But what do the rest of you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    The players in question are :- wiedwald lonergan ayling berardi debock jansson Cooper forshaw Murphy bouy okane klich hernandez Saiz alioski Dallas sacko roofe ekuban cibicki and antonsson
    Of your list Clive, the following should be moved on. Wiedwald, Lonergan, Berardi, Debock, Murphy, Bouy, Okane, Dallas, Sacko, Roofe, Cibicki and Antonsson.

Berardi is a controversial one, however I think we have enough cover at full back now if we are bring on the youngsters. Debock, I think something stinks about the current situation and have a feeling he will leave this summer.

Ekuban only gets a lifeline as he will in theory be the senior striker until we get someone else in.

I think Pablo Hernandez will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Of your list Clive, the following should be moved on. Wiedwald, Lonergan, Berardi, Debock, Murphy, Bouy, Okane, Dallas, Sacko, Roofe, Cibicki and Antonsson.

Berardi is a controversial one, however I think we have enough cover at full back now if we are bring on the youngsters. Debock, I think something stinks about the current situation and have a feeling he will leave this summer.

Ekuban only gets a lifeline as he will in theory be the senior striker until we get someone else in.
    Agree on al but the last statement.

If Ekuban is our "senior striker", we are well and truly f00ked.

Dallas must.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agree on al but the last statement.

If Ekuban is our "senior striker", we are well and truly f00ked.
    Have to give you that one WTF.

we have too many luke murphys on our hands , i remember when we first signed him for a million quid and everybody on here including wtf thought he was going to be the next tony currie , as usual i stood alone and said been a wonderkid at crewe did not mean he could do it at an higher level , of course i was proved right once again.

roofe falls exactly in to the same bracket an hotshot at oxford , but a wet lettuce at leeds , too many players at this club are nowhere near the standard required and thats why the vast majority will still be here until their contracts run out .

the amount of players at this club, who would command a decent transfer fee , you could count on one hand.

if you had the incredible foresight to know that 1M Murphy was going to be crap before he touched a ball for us , then i bow to your superior knowledge of all things. That said id be interested to know then, who should we sign.
    Looking for an actual answer rather tan the usual smoke and mirrors. Suspect i wont be getting one though.

Interesting that Marley told us all on here in 2013 his evaluation of Luke Murphy considering he only became a member of the forum in January of this year

Still waiting for my answer, ah well.......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)