+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pack the Lane and make some noise

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Must have been influenced by all the fans in fancy dress that came as blue seats!
    Good one mate

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Poor decision possibly influenced from the terraces. Not sure he dived, he’s an excellent player and pro and probably our next export into the Championship or Premiership. However, that ref always had a dangerous decision in him and Fortunately that one went our way.

Intriguing 90 mins ahead next week, will deffo be more open and as I said earlier County will be forced to attack more rather than sit back like last night. Coventry have scored lots of goals on the break this season (Cheltenham) and it could win us the game. However, Nolan is no mug and I expect an early goal will be crucial. Will this game be a sell out?
    Would imagine that it will be close to a sell out. As for us having to attack, not sure I agree, it’s not like points are at stake. There is far far more at stake which means for me it could be a cagey affair. It could possibly be similar to last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Would imagine that it will be close to a sell out. As for us having to attack, not sure I agree, it’s not like points are at stake. There is far far more at stake which means for me it could be a cagey affair. It could possibly be similar to last night.
    Yeh guess the first 15/20 crucial. An early goal either way will certainly make it interesting. Could see xtra time etc.

Yeh guess the first 15/20 crucial. An early goal either way will certainly make it interesting. Could see xtra time etc.
    That’s the worst thing about the pen last night. When you went behind I thought you looked very vulnerable to the counter last night. Now you’ve levelled it up it won’t be so much the case on Friday.

Hope we’re practicing penalties this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That’s the worst thing about the pen last night. When you went behind I thought you looked very vulnerable to the counter last night. Now you’ve levelled it up it won’t be so much the case on Friday.

Hope we’re practicing penalties this week.
    A little yes, I’d agree. However, I thought we played good football especially the first 30 and used the pitch well considering the flooding etc.

I genuinely couldn’t call this but most seem very optimistic.

Hi Cov, I went last night & although the pen was obviously a ****e decision I think the result was about right & in a strange way knowing that we have to win Friday could actually help us. Our local press have been predicting a crowd of between 25,000 & 30,000 all week what went wrong? I haven't heard the official visitor number but it looked to be around 3,000 so I thought the gate was poor for a club of your size or are some still boycotting home games?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Hi Cov, I went last night & although the pen was obviously a ****e decision I think the result was about right & in a strange way knowing that we have to win Friday could actually help us. Our local press have been predicting a crowd of between 25,000 & 30,000 all week what went wrong? I haven't heard the official visitor number but it looked to be around 3,000 so I thought the gate was poor for a club of your size or are some still boycotting home games?
    I think your press got it wrong, never been discussed at our end tbh. The crowd figure has been widely questioned and looked closer to 20k which would have been a record for a League 2 Semi Final, as it stands it was still the 3rd best I think. Plenty still stay away and the anti-Sisu feeling within the support still costs us thousands every week. The official attendance figure last night suggests there were more home fans at the 16k match against Morecambe last week, clearly that is utter nonsense.

There were 2700 away fans which is a bit disappointing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    17,404 was the total....Notts took just under 2,700.....but sounded like 3,500 on Sky, awesome lads, well done

There were 2700 away fans which is a bit disappointing I guess.
    M1 was closed, peeing it down with rain, live on Sky.....some of our lads are saving up for Wembley.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345