+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forte and Shola

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyone know if Forte was injured last night or just knackered?

And what about Shola? I was amazed he didn't come on for Forte with about ten minutes to go. Is he also injured?

We need them both fit and ready for Friday.
    It was a pretty high tempo game on a very heavy pitch, Shola wasn't the right change to make but he probably should have put on another midfielder and shifted Allessandra or Grant upfront but minus the referee his decisions worked.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Worth another year I reckon, unless we have a realistic target that is clearly better (unlikely).
    Realistic target? Hopefully we are looking for at least 3 younger strikers

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Forte is a pure confidence player and fortunately for us his confidence is sky high right now.
    His presence on the pitch keeps oppositions back line from pressing forward which they can do when it’s Shola and Stead.
    He’s also deceptively strong and good in the air which is something I hadn’t noticed until his recent run in the team.
    If he’s fit he has to start on Friday.
    Ive been saying all along how good he could be, but he has been constantly overlooked in favour of two geriatrics....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Ive been saying all along how good he could be, but he has been constantly overlooked in favour of two geriatrics....
    It's true about Forte, he's always had a goal in him for me and if he'd played more this season upfront with either Stead or Shola we'd have done alot better especially away where Fortes speed and strength on the counter would have got us more points. The Forte debate goes on but surely you have to have that speed upfront or you're just playing infront of them. Having said that we've scored a good amount mainly thanks to Grant before Xmas so God knows ha ha.

You are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Why is he an idiot?......for stating the bleedin obvious?......look at the BBC goal-scoring stats ffs......Forte is our most potent weapon, a goal every 2 games, despite being low on confidence after spending 30 games on the bench or taken the piss out of by Nolo and half of MAD.....he is suddenly back "in favour" and nailing goals for fun....the guy is class and always has been......Durham is merely talking common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Durham’s posts often come across as negative but he is spot on here, Forte has been decent when called upon and of late has been exceptional. His finish last night was sublime and if Ronaldo or Messi has scored the same sort of goal in an important match we would be seeing it time and time again on SSN.

I never saw them score no atrics, and neither of them is called Gerry???

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Durham’s posts often come across as negative but he is spot on here, Forte has been decent when called upon and of late has been exceptional. His finish last night was sublime and if Ronaldo or Messi has scored the same sort of goal in an important match we would be seeing it time and time again on SSN.
    Totally agree......natural goalscorers have a knack of making the difficult look easy.....he calmly touches it in with the inside of his left foot-heel....he did the exact same thing in the home tie against Covo, from a tougher angle.....what more does this guy need to do to convince some of the doubters on here?.....we have spent 70% of the season whacking it down the middle, and it works some, or most, of the time....now we have a different option ie play Forte and get the ball to his feet......if it doesn't work, then bring on Shola to partner Stead for the last 20 minutes....I am not trying to pick an argument with the anti-Forte brigade, simply stating that we now have different options

Not sure there’s many in the anti-Forte brigade now Tarquers, it’s just that some have been a bit slower to come over from the dark side.

If he’s fit he’ll play Friday, I just don’t think we’ll know whether he is until Friday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast