+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forte and Shola

Forte and Shola

Anyone know if Forte was injured last night or just knackered?

And what about Shola? I was amazed he didn't come on for Forte with about ten minutes to go. Is he also injured?

We need them both fit and ready for Friday.

Don't worry, we signed Callum Saunders as part of the "Class of 2018" a year ago, so by my reckoning he should be ready by now.

Otherwise, you have to conclude the likes of him and Elliott Hodge were just a complete waste of a squad place and a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyone know if Forte was injured last night or just knackered?

And what about Shola? I was amazed he didn't come on for Forte with about ten minutes to go. Is he also injured?

We need them both fit and ready for Friday.
    According to Duffy, Forte had cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If its only cramp that's brilliant news, he ran himself into the ground last night and we desperately need him for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That's goods news - I thought he had done his hammy.

I wonder what Nolan will do about Forte this summer. He clearly wasn't a fan for most of the season, but he's finally realised what has to offer. Worth another year I reckon, unless we have a realistic target that is clearly better (unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That's goods news - I thought he had done his hammy.

I wonder what Nolan will do about Forte this summer. He clearly wasn't a fan for most of the season, but he's finally realised what has to offer. Worth another year I reckon, unless we have a realistic target that is clearly better (unlikely).
    That's the question Slack, if he was playing all season and had about 10 in the bag we all would be hoping he left in the summer but he has not been given a good run in the team until recently and he has grabbed it with both hands so fair play to the guy, I hope he does stay on at least as another option up top, that's hoping KN overhauls the front line and gets some fresh blood in.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    That's the question Slack, if he was playing all season and had about 10 in the bag we all would be hoping he left in the summer but he has not been given a good run in the team until recently and he has grabbed it with both hands so fair play to the guy, I hope he does stay on at least as another option up top, that's hoping KN overhauls the front line and gets some fresh blood in.
    Minutes played v goals scored

Forte 196
    Grant 224
    Stead 293
    Aless 358
    Shola 382

Forte scores a goal every 2 games equals 20 goals a season striker....his actual tally was 8 in 17 games...not sure if this includes his goal last night though...BBC stats

Forte is a pure confidence player and fortunately for us his confidence is sky high right now.
    His presence on the pitch keeps oppositions back line from pressing forward which they can do when it’s Shola and Stead.
    He’s also deceptively strong and good in the air which is something I hadn’t noticed until his recent run in the team.
    If he’s fit he has to start on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Forte is a pure confidence player and fortunately for us his confidence is sky high right now.
    His presence on the pitch keeps oppositions back line from pressing forward which they can do when it’s Shola and Stead.
    He’s also deceptively strong and good in the air which is something I hadn’t noticed until his recent run in the team.
    If he’s fit he has to start on Friday.
    Had that goal been scored by e.g Sergio Aguerro, we'd have been seeing it on the hour, every hour, great finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Had that goal been scored by e.g Sergio Aguerro, we'd have been seeing it on the hour, every hour, great finish.
    Yes indeed, and this one looks better the more times you see it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast