+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pens and takers...

Pens and takers...

Seeing as though the second leg is likely to be very tight, now i think is the time to make sure we have our pen takers fully up to speed. One of the problems we have is that we have had sod all pens in the last couple of years thanks to the crap refs so it is hard to decide who our most consistent penalty taker is. The most obvious first choice would be newell with his cool last minute pen a few weeks back but who else could take em? Sitting right in front of the pre match shoot ins it doesnt give you that much confidence that we have 5 good pen takers. Who would you choose to be the 5?

My own 5 would be from ( depending who was on the pitch at the time): Newell, Forde, Smith, Vaulks, Towell, Mattock, Taylor, Ball.

On a related point, I would trust Rodak to save a couple so that may give us an added chance.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Apart from Newell taking one and Rodak in net I’d be bricking it when others go up tbh

Got to be calm and try not to be clever, Wood definitely shouldn’t take one he seems to have two left feet (he would probably score though, he’s full of surprises )

I did consider wood not because he might be a good pen taker but because he would want to set a good example. Maybe he would be a good one to choose for a second round first pen taker if it came to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I did consider wood not because he might be a good pen taker but because he would want to set a good example. Maybe he would be a good one to choose for a second round first pen taker if it came to it.
    I’d back him if he was allowed to use his head

...well he'll head to the left and head it to the right....you know the rest...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Poor penalties from Vaulks and Taylor, both saved, in MickyMouse Cup game shoot-out v Man. City at the NYS earlier in the season, so not sure if they would be in the top five.
    Also, is there an "away goals rule" in our play-offs?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Poor penalties from Vaulks and Taylor, both saved, in MickyMouse Cup game shoot-out v Man. City at the NYS earlier in the season, so not sure if they would be in the top five.
    Also, is there an "away goals rule" in our play-offs?
    No , straight to extra time and then pens mike .

Not sure how you can replicate a penalty shoot out of this importance in training to be honest , all about mental strength and hoping the keeper doesn't get lucky .

No away goals don't count in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    So are we 2-0 down

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    So any draw will see us playing extra time or will we go straight to penalties?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast