+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese takeover of BFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    No arguments here CIB, just different opinions and views of how we see things.

About a Chinese takeover ? There was some speculation from media and our second hand car salesman Garlick on which he touched on, but like all things its smoke and Mirrors, I don't think Garlick would let go of the reigns yet when the Golden egg is giving him so much.
    Thanks Alto.I had a feeling it was just heresay.

There is no doubt the club could be a takeover front runner with our assets and future guaranteed income far in excess of the likely purchase price. This was the subject of a Times article in March with £180m mentioned.
    However Mr Garlick said this wasn’t true here
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._Mike_Garlick/

Quote Originally Posted by ganpati23 View Post
    You shouldn't call people slitty eyed, and you can't blame 1.4bn people for the actions of a govt they can't even vote for. But if you'd been staying in a cheap hotel in the Tibetan Colony (Majnu-ka-Tila) in New Delhi, and seen everywhere shut one day because they were all going to protest against the Chinese leader's visit, and then seen a Buddhist monk burn himself to death because the Chinese won't listen to their peaceful protests about the destruction of their culture, then you would think that some Chinese are in facts cünts, just like some Brits and Yanks are.

The annexation of Tibet and the imposition of Han Chinese culture is supported by most of the Chinese population. Again, you can't completely blame them as they live in a dictatorship which uses propaganda to brain-wash them into thinking that the Tibetans are grateful for their "liberation". But if you've seen how beautiful Tibetan Buddhist culture is in the Indian parts of the Tibetan Plateau (such as Ledakh, Zanskar and Lahaul and Spiti in the West or Sikkim in the East) you'd be heartbroken to know that it's being deliberately destroyed by an aggressive, imperialist dictatorship.

My missus made a film for a friend who's set up a charity in the Spiti Valley in Indian Tibet and she filmed her friend's audience with the Dalai Lama. She's not a hippy but she said that the vibe in the room was mind-blowing, you could just feel the peace and joy.

As I say, it's not their fault when they don't have a free press and where the state forces this propaganda down their throats, but the behaviour of the Chinese regime in relation to Tibet is absolutely sickening. I don't care what their eyes look like, but those responsible for the destruction of Tibetan culture really are cünts.

{And just to be clear, I would describe quite a few things the British Empire did in identical terms.}

About foreign owners, I agree. Again, not all of them - the Leicester Thai guy won them the league ffs - but Chelsea and Man City have ruined English football, the Scousers took over a decade to recover from the two Septics that owned them, {Gillette and Hicks???}, there were the Indian chicken moghuls who owned Blackburn without understanding that the EPL isn't like the IPL, and our (Arsenal's) Septic owner says no-one who buys a sports franchise should care about success. He moved his NFL team over 1,500 miles from St Louis to LA just to get more money. People like that are sick.

So I hope you avoid getting bought by one like that lot. All the best.

Bloody hell. That's well and truly telling you Alf

Up the Rams, especially the ones with black faces

I know Rammy.. I'm going to try to engage brain before posting in future..

The comment about black faces is because the true Derby Ram has a black face before any "racist" cries are heard

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    The comment about black faces is because the true Derby Ram has a black face before any "racist" cries are heard
    Aye rammy, that's what you tell us!

Hi OTR
    Good to hear from you again, what’s the news from Derby post Fulham?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Hi OTR
    Good to hear from you again, what’s the news from Derby post Fulham?
    Attachment 9481

Annoyance that Candy Crush Morris wants to sell our top scorer Vydra for less than we paid for him.

Not too many want to see Rowett's style of negative football next season either..... Seems that we will not be investing much in the team in the forthcoming season either. Mid table at best next season is the general opinion.

Thanks OTR
    Looks like Morris has splashed £2.5m a month since Sept 2015 and hid mission to be a mid table PL side seems cream crackered
    Maybe Rowett can bring in some Dyche type bargains and give you a surprise as we had when we lost our best players. Shackell and Grant being two.
    Is Shackell finished there now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)