+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese takeover of BFC.

Chinese takeover of BFC.

Seen these rumours mentioned a few times now.Can TEC or anybody on the forum tell me if this rumour has any substance to it?

None at all!

We need to Keep the slitty eyed cnuts from going nowhere near our club.. Just look what happened a few miles down the road when the Gunga dins took over. The Bastids ..

"slitty eyed" ?

"We need to Keep the slitty eyed cnuts"....I wonder, have you ever met a Chinese person, been to China.
    I assume that you haven't, if you have then words fail me....

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    "We need to Keep the slitty eyed cnuts"....I wonder, have you ever met a Chinese person, been to China.
    I assume that you haven't, if you have then words fail me....
    Fair comment Map My apologies.. Sometimes I get carried away with this foreign ownership lark and open my big gob without putting my brain into gear.. Nothing wrong with Chinese people just me that's a Cnut..

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Seen these rumours mentioned a few times now.Can TEC or anybody on the forum tell me if this rumour has any substance to it?
    Just been seen entering the Princess Royal/ Lord Dyche establishment, with a healthy looking wad of Yen.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Fair comment Map My apologies.. Sometimes I get carried away with this foreign ownership lark and open my big gob without putting my brain into gear.. Nothing wrong with Chinese people just me that's a Cnut..
    You shouldn't call people slitty eyed, and you can't blame 1.4bn people for the actions of a govt they can't even vote for. But if you'd been staying in a cheap hotel in the Tibetan Colony (Majnu-ka-Tila) in New Delhi, and seen everywhere shut one day because they were all going to protest against the Chinese leader's visit, and then seen a Buddhist monk burn himself to death because the Chinese won't listen to their peaceful protests about the destruction of their culture, then you would think that some Chinese are in facts cünts, just like some Brits and Yanks are.

The annexation of Tibet and the imposition of Han Chinese culture is supported by most of the Chinese population. Again, you can't completely blame them as they live in a dictatorship which uses propaganda to brain-wash them into thinking that the Tibetans are grateful for their "liberation". But if you've seen how beautiful Tibetan Buddhist culture is in the Indian parts of the Tibetan Plateau (such as Ledakh, Zanskar and Lahaul and Spiti in the West or Sikkim in the East) you'd be heartbroken to know that it's being deliberately destroyed by an aggressive, imperialist dictatorship.

My missus made a film for a friend who's set up a charity in the Spiti Valley in Indian Tibet and she filmed her friend's audience with the Dalai Lama. She's not a hippy but she said that the vibe in the room was mind-blowing, you could just feel the peace and joy.

As I say, it's not their fault when they don't have a free press and where the state forces this propaganda down their throats, but the behaviour of the Chinese regime in relation to Tibet is absolutely sickening. I don't care what their eyes look like, but those responsible for the destruction of Tibetan culture really are cünts.

{And just to be clear, I would describe quite a few things the British Empire did in identical terms.}

About foreign owners, I agree. Again, not all of them - the Leicester Thai guy won them the league ffs - but Chelsea and Man City have ruined English football, the Scousers took over a decade to recover from the two Septics that owned them, {Gillette and Hicks???}, there were the Indian chicken moghuls who owned Blackburn without understanding that the EPL isn't like the IPL, and our (Arsenal's) Septic owner says no-one who buys a sports franchise should care about success. He moved his NFL team over 1,500 miles from St Louis to LA just to get more money. People like that are sick.

So I hope you avoid getting bought by one like that lot. All the best.

Eh up.I did not mean to cause any arguments-just asking if anybody knew anything about the rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Eh up.I did not mean to cause any arguments-just asking if anybody knew anything about the rumours?
    No arguments here CIB, just different opinions and views of how we see things.

About a Chinese takeover ? There was some speculation from media and our second hand car salesman Garlick on which he touched on, but like all things its smoke and Mirrors, I don't think Garlick would let go of the reigns yet when the Golden egg is giving him so much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)