+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: if we go up

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    does tony Stewart need to get serious with transfer fees.

i don't think he could afford another whitewash in the championship like the last time we was there I think psychology it would do more harm than good.

i think we are all past the talking of spending money and we need to see it.

when I say getting serious for rotherham but will still be cheap for the championship is 4-5 players ranging from 600k to a million
    Can I just check, is it just Tony Stewart who has to shell out, or are you offering to pay more for your season ticket? How much extra are you offering to pay?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 14-05-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Animal makes good points and if anything his figures are a little light. Spend £40-£50 million and you might just have a chance of the play offs. On top of that you have wages that only Dexter Blackstock came close to (Reputedly £12k per week) and decent Championship players command much more. So TS would be wasting his money in attempting to buy his stay in the Championship. Has to come from Warney and Co recruiting young like he has and building an academy. There is no other way surely?
    As Casper has repeatedly said, if promotion comes we take it. That in itself according to Sky is worth £7 million. Not a bad some for RUFC but jack all when it comes to sustaining a presence in the Championship.

Call me negative but I reckon the current squad would struggle big time and be relegated. Hopefully though Warney’s enthusiasm and the team spirit would mean at least a fist of it could be made.
    Pete, the notion of home grown players via a academy is only superficially attractive, just as 'searching the lower leagues for hidden gems' approach. Both cost money to operate and both will produce a significant number of duds for every success story. A club might get lucky for a while, but if either strategy was the answer, every club would be doing it.

Maybe we just have to accept that a club with the level of support that Rotherham has cannot compete in the Championship for any length of time and enjoy the success when it comes?

I think Warne, his coaching team and the squad have done an amazing job this season, irrespective of the outcome of the playoffs. I just hope people will remember that in the future, whatever league we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    He was very highly rated by most Barnsley fans though.
    Well if Villa are promoted through the play offs we will see how much game time Connor gets in the PL next season compared to the season Shelvey's just had at Newcastle .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Pete, the notion of home grown players via a academy is only superficially attractive, just as 'searching the lower leagues for hidden gems' approach. Both cost money to operate and both will produce a significant number of duds for every success story. A club might get lucky for a while, but if either strategy was the answer, every club would be doing it.

Maybe we just have to accept that a club with the level of support that Rotherham has cannot compete in the Championship for any length of time and enjoy the success when it comes?

I think Warne, his coaching team and the squad have done an amazing job this season, irrespective of the outcome of the playoffs. I just hope people will remember that in the future, whatever league we find ourselves in.
    A football debate with kerr , wow , it is my birthday today after all .

The lower league gem and academy market is all about finding and moving players on for a profit and not necessarily linked to success on a football field .

In our case it was a policy to become self sufficient and not reliant on Patrick plugging the financial holes .

It's something Rotherham need to be aware of because Tony Stewart won't be around for ever and wealthy local owner fans are not exactly ten a penny in south yorkshire .

Our club personally will always struggle to remain in the championship , nothing's changed but at least at the moment we are in a good place financially and the relegation hit on revenue can be managed .

Selling your top talent is the price you pay to remain solvent and hopefully competitive a league lower .

Its not easy to accept but clearly its the only way , Rotherham need to plan for when Tony steps down in my opinion .

If we go up we will need a new front man so I thought there are a couple of prem players who need game time SOOOO-Carroll,Sturridge and Berahino.If Mr. Stewart talks nice then maybe we can get them on loan and you never know,we may get half a season out of the three of them.Think BIG my friends!!.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    If we go up we will need a new front man so I thought there are a couple of prem players who need game time SOOOO-Carroll,Sturridge and Berahino.If Mr. Stewart talks nice then maybe we can get them on loan and you never know,we may get half a season out of the three of them.Think BIG my friends!!.
    It’ll be Lavery

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Also think realisticly.

Let’s get there first it’s not going to be a formality

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Also think realisticly.
    Spoilsport.

Whoever we do recruit are likely to be late additions as we won't know what division we'll be in until end May.

If we need any advice on transfers then I'm sure SE can assit.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast