+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if we go up

if we go up

does tony Stewart need to get serious with transfer fees.

i don't think he could afford another whitewash in the championship like the last time we was there I think psychology it would do more harm than good.

i think we are all past the talking of spending money and we need to see it.

when I say getting serious for rotherham but will still be cheap for the championship is 4-5 players ranging from 600k to a million

Gonna be honest WLB I’d love some players bought in look at vaulks he cost 400k was it and he’s one of our main stars.

However until our academy bares fruit I can’t see it happening

Providing no loans sign perm contracts and no academy players play in first team.

How I see it we would need 2 goal keepers 2 CB 2 right backs and 2 strikers and a central midfielder.

Yeah we can bring in loans but you need to have someone in mind to replace that loan when seasons over that’s why normally clubs at top bring in loans to cover for young lads who are not ready yet, players who are injured or occasionally switch player for player, that way they are always covered.

That’s why I think TS will want at least 2 youths in before he gets his golden pen out since I can’t see him buying loads of players like we need.

Some may think 5 loan players is fine in first team squad but in my eyes temporary players season after season sent us down. (That and signing blackstock)

Well I will tell the truth imho a lot will not like it but here goes,if we do not spend £5 -£10 mill we will come straight back down.We are nowhere near good enough for the championship sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Well I will tell the truth imho a lot will not like it but here goes,if we do not spend £5 -£10 mill we will come straight back down.We are nowhere near good enough for the championship sad but true.
    Depends if any youths are ready to play but my guess is no so yeah I think 5 million is not far off the mark, considering how many players we will need.

Building a new team from scratch like we did before does not work

Even if we do spend £10m on players, which we won't and can't, there's still every chance we would be relegated. A £10m outlay in the championship, while massive to us, is still nothing these days when there half the clubs at that level will spend that on one player. Our only hope is that there'd be three worse teams than us. The way it's always been.

Bolton will be down there and probably Birmingham but who else?

Looking quite tough.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Bolton will be down there and probably Birmingham but who else?

Looking quite tough.
    Blackburn - they have good attack in league 1 but that will be average in champ and are not consistent in defence which if not fixed will sink them

Others are hull QPR and Ipswich and who ever wins play offs. But you never know until transfer window ends

you would think Blackburn would have a bit of money available.

the defence and attack need a complete start again for championship level.

if we could keep the same midfield (I know there isn't much chance) get rid of players like forde and replace with better as back up than that area would be ok.

aslong as Fulham don't want rodak as there reserve keeper than if we do get promoted unless another championship team comes in than we would be in with a chance of a loan again.

Even if Tony Stewart were to make £10m available to strengthen the squad it still doesn't configure for Rotherham with all due respect .

Footballers who attract these prices come with £15k a week salary demands in the championship on 3 year contracts , they still need paying should you go down to league one where the revenue is significantly smaller .

You need some smart signings from the bargain bucket and use the loan market effectively.

You can't crack this championship nut and neither could we , it is what it is , we are financial minnows in the championship and that's not going to change the way the game is today .

it's obviously about trying to stay up aslong as possible but more importantly for us after the last season we was there it's about trying to put up a fight.

if we was to get promoted and had a similar season to the last one we had in the championship I think it would have a crashing effect on the supporters and club.

me personally think with the defence we have with the forward line we have got for the championship it would be loss after loss.

can't keep a clean sheet can't score.

way forward for me would be the top league 1 players for a fee along with a decent lower level championship player on a free

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast