+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BARNSLEY F.C. Transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie_BFC View Post
    According to Mallens dad he is off, he is not happy with the way his son has been treated and wanted to leave on loan or transfer in January. I think the same with Knassmullner why buy these players i just feel sorry for them and the fact Barnsley have about 7-8 central midfielders.
    Because their aim is to find under valued players to sell on for a profit and not what the squad requires to be successful .

Clearly both previous HC's didn't rate them and so didn't play em , their remit was to achieve results and not make profit .

This causes division's within the club , nobody is working together because we have two very different ideologies at play .

Thats why promotion is looking more impossible now when you think about it. They're thinking more about making money rather than getting that winning mentality back again, although ideally you'd think both of those things go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats why promotion is looking more impossible now when you think about it. They're thinking more about making money rather than getting that winning mentality back again, although ideally you'd think both of those things go hand in hand.
    Things will eventually come to a head acido , if a HC comes in and starts winning consistently then he puts himself in a strong position to take on the hierarchy at the club much in the same way the Fulham HC did and won the battle .

Very feasible in league one but as Hecky found our not so much in the championship and he walked away .

The fans won't accept another promising team getting sold and likely to have less patience with foreign ownership at play .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Surely no club would sell their better players to potential competitors in the same league. It would be like us, for example, selling Hourihane and Winnall to clubs in the same league when we were, say, just a point outside the Play Offs. You just wouldn't do it.

Who has decided Mallan can go ?
    Nobody , it’s just a rumour

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Things will eventually come to a head acido , if a HC comes in and starts winning consistently then he puts himself in a strong position to take on the hierarchy at the club much in the same way the Fulham HC did and won the battle .
    Very feasible in league one but as Hecky found our not so much in the championship and he walked away . The fans won't accept another promising team getting sold and likely to have less patience with foreign ownership at play .
    Thats why we can't keep relying on this plan thing, especially if we want to improve on just being a yo-yo club who go up then down again roughly every 2 years.
    I remember some fans saying last summer that they've had enough if this current squad does well and we just end up selling them off again. Well that was and still is the idea obviously but as it turned out, last years squad recruitment was appalling wasn't it and none of them were wanted elsewhere.

Think if they sell off best players again after relegation I may just give up.

You won't be only one Jonny boy enough is enough

Rotherham United have enquired about a permanent deal for Barnsley forward Kieffer Moore following the Tykes relegation to League 1. Barnsley are not keen

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Rotherham United have enquired about a permanent deal for Barnsley forward Kieffer Moore following the Tykes relegation to League 1. Barnsley are not keen

Moore is on a long term contract here so it'd cost the Millers a fair few quid for his services unless there's a release clause in his contract of course. Difficult one innit. He works hard and is full of goals at lg1 level. It seems daft to sell him but will he fit into Daniels style & plans though? If not he may be on his bike.

One things for sure listening to that interview on an another thread GG will do it his way Folly to speculate 300 games is 300 games whether you're from Poland, Germany or Austria. I wouldn't put it past the club selling Moore, Moncur, Mallan, Mowatt, Bradshaw, Thiam and the tea lady and replacing them with 11 gegenpressers.

However, I wouldn't put it past Gauthier signing 11 German Bears. Interesting times either way.

Sick back and enjoy the ride. As it stands I fancy our chances of having rainbow corner flags more

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast