+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BARNSLEY F.C. Transfer rumours

New owners making a statement of intent.

With Yiadom, McBurnie, Hammill, Knasmuller gone and Moore and Mallan possibly on the way, and maybe more, the decks are being cleared for when Herr Stendel submits his technical profile propositions to Goat Hair.

By which time he will have about 3 weeks to get them in and Coach them in his style before the season starts!! Not gonna end well this.

Millwall and Bolton are prepared to rival Rotherham and Reading for Barnsley's Tom Bradshaw.

With McBurnie gone and maybe Moore and Bradshaw going we'll only ev one-goal-a-season "Fatboy" Thiam left
    . I hope Goat's Spreadsheet can spot some good German and French strikers that ev gone under the radar of clubs in Germany and France that we can spend a million on like Goat did with Thiam.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With McBurnie gone and maybe Moore and Bradshaw going we'll only ev one-goal-a-season "Fatboy" Thiam left
    . I hope Goat's Spreadsheet can spot some good German and French strikers that ev gone under the radar of clubs in Germany and France that we can spend a million on like Goat did with Thiam.
    I think a few supporters are losing sight of which division we find ourselves in. If we lose Bradshaw, Moore. We've more capability of going out and signing replacements in League 1. Simply because we're a bigger club in League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think a few supporters are losing sight of which division we find ourselves in. If we lose Bradshaw, Moore. We've more capability of going out and signing replacements in League 1. Simply because we're a bigger club in League 1.
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that if we're a bigger club in L1 we should have the clout to keep our better players
    Wigan & Blackburn managed it didn't they & see where that's got them?

Bradshaw & Moore are proven good strikers in L! so why go out & gamble to try to find better ones to replace them, we should be adding to them
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-06-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that if we're a bigger club in L1 we should have the clout to keep our better players
    Wigan & Blackburn managed it didn't they & see where that's got them?

Bradshaw & Moore are proven good strikers in L! so why go out & gamble to try to find better ones to replace them, we should be adding to them
    Not if Championship clubs come in with better contract offers and attractive bids. Would you rather we held players to contract and have them running about sulking and going on the cheap come january?

Not if Championship clubs come in with better contract offers and attractive bids. Would you rather we held players to contract and have them running about sulking and going on the cheap come january?

Wigan & Blackburn managed it

By letting players of their proven L1 ability go it sends a message to the fans & the rest of the squad

Do you think for one moment if say we got £1 million each for them we would go out & spend the £2 million

No siree we would not

We're Barnsley mate it's not what we do

BTW I think Moore signed for 3 years didn't he? or I may be mistaken
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-06-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Interesting thoughts Steve. Goathairs track record in buying players doesn't exactly inspire though. Should we let proven lg1 goalscorers leave and then let goathair try and paper over the cracks with 2 likely lads as replacements then how can we seriously expect promotion? It's all well and good stating that we are a big fish in this division but that means absolutely nothing. We're as big as our budget allows us to be. What is the budget by the way? Is it big enough to find credible replacements should the strikers leave?

Personally I think it would be idiotic to sell any of our players just now if we're serious about getting promotion, especially the strikers. The squad has had a years experience playing together, we've cleared out the players who the board didn't want to retain, we're set to crack on. Unfortunately it was a bridge too far last season for these players, we were slightly out of our depth and found life very tough but I'm sure we learned a lot. However, If we can add 2 or 3 decent signings then I think we've half a chance. Sell our proven goalscorers on the other hand then tha simply asking for trouble.

9000 season ticket holders deserve to see the best team possible out there that gives us the best chance.

When these new mega rich owners came in one argument in their favour which I agreed with was along the lines of-- now the club has a chance to build a squad over a few seasons by retaining our better players and adding quality bit by bit, nothing crazy, as we will not have the constant pressure to sell.
    As Ziles ez sed Wigan and Blackburn provide the model of what to do by evvin a manager who knows the league with the better players retained and a mixture of experience and youth in the team.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast