+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BARNSLEY F.C. Transfer rumours

Plymouth Argyle defender Sonny Bradley has received offers from Charlton and Barnsley

Thad think the recruitment decision makers would wait until the new manager/HC ad cum in to at least give his opinion on signings.

That's common sense SB but unfortunately the club is not being run with any

Barnsley and Rotherham United are weighing up moves for Fulham winger George Williams on a free transfer, HITC Sport understands.

Williams is out of contract at Fulham next month and looks set to leave Craven Cottage this summer.

Williams, who made his debut for Fulham in August 2014, is highly regarded at Craven Cottage, but has found himself down the pecking order in Slavisa Jokanovic's first-team plans and with the club winning promotion to the Premier League, he was unlikely to break into the first-team.

The 22-year-old spent the second half of this season on loan with Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone after missing most of the first half of the campaign through injury.

Williams made 11 appearances during his time at St Johnstone and he is ready for a new challenge in search of regular first-team football next season.

Williams, who was a member of Chris Coleman's Wales squad for at Euro 2016, has also had loan spells with Gillingham and MK Dons during the last couple of seasons.

A number of clubs in England and Scotland have been monitoring Williams' situation, but Barnsley and Rotherham are leading the chase for his signature.

Rotherham are looking to strengthen their squad sufficiently after winning promotion back to the Championship, while Barnsley are aiming to add to their attacking options as they look to win promotion from League One at the first time of asking after suffering relegation this term.

Coventry, Shrewsbury & Luton have joined the race to sign Barnsley midfielder Stevie Mallan.

All on loan esr

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Coventry, Shrewsbury & Luton have joined the race to sign Barnsley midfielder Stevie Mallan.
    Surely no club would sell their better players to potential competitors in the same league. It would be like us, for example, selling Hourihane and Winnall to clubs in the same league when we were, say, just a point outside the Play Offs. You just wouldn't do it.

Who has decided Mallan can go ?

I liked the look of Mallan. It's a shame what two HC's did to him. I'd be off like a shot if I was him. Hope he stays. He looked another Hourihane in his VT's

According to Mallens dad he is off, he is not happy with the way his son has been treated and wanted to leave on loan or transfer in January. I think the same with Knassmullner why buy these players i just feel sorry for them and the fact Barnsley have about 7-8 central midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie_BFC View Post
    According to Mallens dad he is off, he is not happy with the way his son has been treated and wanted to leave on loan or transfer in January. I think the same with Knassmullner why buy these players i just feel sorry for them and the fact Barnsley have about 7-8 central midfielders.
    Frustrating thing for me last season. Despite allegedly not having the squad. Our best 11 should have been good enough to finish midtable. We persisted with Williams and Gardner when we didn't need to. We sent Mowatt out on loan without seeing him play. Also Mcgeehan and Mallan didn't get a look in when Moncur was hit and miss. Knasmullner was brought in and not used. I'd have liked to see our number 10's given a go while we were searching for the right blend.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast