Having thought about it, despite what I said on the other thread about Dubravka, I think it would be Lascelles for me.

No, he's not the finished article (although as a CB he's still got a lot to learn because I don't think you see the best of them as early in their careers as you do, say, strikers) but he's a hugely improved player, is massively important to us (as the points with and without him show) and is a very good captain for us.

Dubravka and Dummett would fight it out for second, for me with Shelvey in contention too. Diame has been outstanding in 2018 but was garbage before Xmas. Ritchie has put his usual effort in but, without looking at stats, seems to me to have had an ok season rather than a good one? Lejeune was excellent today-his reading of the game was brilliant as was his long range passing-he just continues to worry me when playing it short and trying to 'play'/run with the ball. Yedlin has been ok but uses his pace to recover situations which he has actually caused.

Perez is sort of baffling because we all know there's a player in there-he, too, has had some shocking games but these last couple of months he's actually been a very effective player for us. Murphy hasn't really had much of a chance and has been good and shocking in equal pert. Hayden, for me, is back up only and i don't know what to make of Merino, tbh. Atsu, too, is back-up only.

Gayle is beset by confidence problems which have hampered him massively; on top of that, he's not really a Premier League quality striker. Great effort all season, though.

Bound to have missed someone....

Thoughts?

I hope we never see Joselu or Manquillo in our shirt ever again.