+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Heckingbottom eyes Yiadom

Heckingbottom eyes Yiadom

Former boss Paul Heckingbottom wants to sign Barnsley’s Andy Yiadom, but needs to convince the Leeds United top brass to pursue the defender.

Yiadom is out of contract at Oakwell in the summer and will have a whole host of clubs vying for his signature.

The Ghanaian international impressed in his first Championship campaign, last term, and refused to sign a contract extension at Oakwell as a result - preferring to run his deal down instead and leave for free.

Heckingbottom was the man who brought the full-back to South Yorkshire in the first place, on a free transfer after the player’s contract at Barnet run out, and he is keen on a reunion next season.

However, Elland Road chiefs are undecided about adding the defender to their ranks, despite Heckingbottom’s desire to strengthen his backline.

Yiadom is a proven Championship commodity and fancies his chances of securing a move to the Premier League.

The likes of Swansea City and Huddersfield Town were both after him last summer and could reignite their interest with a free transfer on the cards.

Meanwhile, Weston Park’s fund-raising at the Oakwell derby between Barnsley and Sheffield United was a huge success.

The cancer charity raised £3208.19 from bucket collections and the sale of raffle tickets.

Business development manager Darren Hayes said: “I cannot start to thank each and every fan who gave towards our cause on the day.

“Whether it was donation into the bucket collection or buying raffle tickets in the executive area, this amount of money will help make a real difference.

“It just goes to show you the amount of people in Barnsley who feel Weston Park is ***** cause and will support us.

“To raise over £3000 on the day was well above my expectations and we look forward to working with the club again in the future as part of the on-going partnership we have.”

Yiadom has been average this season. Very average. Over hyped in my opinion

Not had a good season at all but were mustard last season, surrounded by rookies and he aint a seasoned pro himself. Still least we got pinillos eh

I'd be looking to get James Bree back here on a season long loan if I was Head Coach as Yids replacement .

Hardly figured at Villa and unlikely to feature if they are promoted either .

Win - win all round in my opinion .

In my opinion, they are all welcome to him - not a good defender & flatters to deceive - his crossing this season has been close to criminal! We all have our own opinions as some have said he's our best player - I personally prefer McCarthy - his linking with Hammill was really good

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd be looking to get James Bree back here on a season long loan if I was Head Coach as Yids replacement .

Hardly figured at Villa and unlikely to feature if they are promoted either .

Win - win all round in my opinion .
    Good shout that

[QUOTE=anstonred;38889188]In my opinion, they are all welcome to him - not a good defender & flatters to deceive - his crossing this season has been close to criminal! We all have our own opinions as some have said he's our best player - I personally prefer McCarthy - his linking with Hammill was really good[/QUOTE

Me too