+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Rhodes?

Return of the Rhodes?

*rumour alert*
    We are interested in 're signing Jordan Rhodes along with a few other teams
    We have moved on since then so it's a no from me
    Also David mcgoldrick from Ipswich on a free transfer
    Not too sure on that one
    We need pace really as what we have left is distinctly lacking in that department.

If Rhodes is brought back to rovers I will scream in anger. Not what is needed at all.

For me that would be money wasted (unless his prospective valuation has reduced by over 70%).
    Putting ‘pace’ and JR in the same sentence would be super speculative at best.
    We couldn’t do it with JR AND RG , so I’m a little bit stuck on how this could prove successful.
    But I would accept TM’s judgement.

I think we all feel a bit taken aback by this prospect.
    If Mowbray is keen to have the two mobile support-forwards again, that would mean Rhodes could only be used at the expense of Graham.
    I was going to say, "I'd be surprised"...but the appointment of Coyle should tell me that nothing is impossible!
    I suppose Dack would be good at setting up the kind of chances Rhodes was ruthless with, but he was never a true target man, and I'm not sure how good he would be at holding the ball up, Graham-style.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think we all feel a bit taken aback by this prospect.
    If Mowbray is keen to have the two mobile support-forwards again, that would mean Rhodes could only be used at the expense of Graham.
    I was going to say, "I'd be surprised"...but the appointment of Coyle should tell me that nothing is impossible!
    I suppose Dack would be good at setting up the kind of chances Rhodes was ruthless with, but he was never a true target man, and I'm not sure how good he would be at holding the ball up, Graham-style.

Remember all the summers and January's gone by where we have been linked with every Tom Dick and Harry (Chapman). If there is a strong link, the likelihood is we WON'T be signing them.
    In one hand, I still am very confused what peoples problems where with Rhodes. We had some real crap at our club, the guy who scored 25 goals a season wasn't one of them. Utter rubbish to suggest he was that bad. He scores goals, and never let us down. Had others put in the same shift to add to his goals, we'd have gone back up. At that point with us, there simply wasn't a better goal scorer around.

Since then, his form has dipped massively. The problem clearly lies in his head, and he doesn't get many starts. I cant see us going for him personally. Does he fit into TM's criteria? Not one of his signings last season where announced in the papers before hand. Nobody had a clue about Dack for example. So number one, this would NOT be common knowledge. Has Rhodes ever played for Mowbray before? No .....so this is another reason it wont happen. The only one so far we have had links with is the lad from Hibs, who is highly sort after, and I belive we have had to move on him, or we risked losing out. His contract expires the 1/07/18 when he will sign for Rovers. Any other is merley paper talk. Get used to it, as it will happen all summer. I bet 99% of the linked players don't materialise, as per normal.

Hi Champs!

Yep quite right, as I said after every comment over JR, his application and attitude and goal scoring was not a problem.
    For me though he has limitations that he just cannot correct, but that's the guy, a borne goal sniffer.

In the right situation at Champs level he'll deliver the requisite tally of goals, but would he fit into TM's ???

I suspect given the choice and us willing to cough up, he'd choose to return as just maybe this has been his happiest hunting ground.
    I very much doubt though he'd drop his financial advisors prompts over his pay off and salary.
    There is a glut of money in the Champs now and there would be many more willing courter's for his services and paying the asking price.

We all know Champs is right on the rumours.
    Some of them will be true but picking the right ones is almost impossible.
    This McGeouch thing is a case in point: smoke and mirrors everywhere.
    Then, if you read the Craig Conway interview, he seems half-resigned to leaving, whereas the official article on those being released makes it sound as if the Club is keen to keep him.
    The trouble is, it's so difficult to avoid getting pulled into the speculation. And I'm guilty - as charged.

It's that time of the year where journalists will just pull a name out of the hat then link teams to them
    Tony Mowbray likes players who has worked under him so mcgeouch seems a good shout considering he played at Coventry
    He is highly sort so having him tied up would be typically Mowbray and quite a coup.

Not fond of any players that people say 'build your team around'.. What if they get seriously injured? Rovers have never relied on a single player in times of success, not even shearer, and we shouldn't now.

I like Dack, he seems a decent player, but as with Rhodes, if he becomes essential to us gaining results, its a problem.

Dacks injury record worries me. And when he fancies it, he is unplayable. Just it concerns me when he doesn't or is carrying a knock, you will get nothing. And he is still an unknown quantity at Champ level. We could build half a Champ team with Champ experience if someone came in and offered silly money for him. I'm watching this one with interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)