+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flood & Murdoch

Flood & Murdoch

Look like being kept on next season along with professor pish flaps as gaffer.

Phuckin ram yer season ticket.

Herein lies DUFC 1909-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Look like being kept on next season along with professor pish flaps as gaffer.

Phuckin ram yer season ticket.

Herein lies DUFC 1909-2015

I don't want it thank you. I did not renew last year either.

I have hope now the club are making sensible longer term decisions (keeping Csaba). And I have my ticket for next season. ��

TBH I'd keep Flood ahead of Murdoch but I'm not too sure about either.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 14-05-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Clarification.

An absolute joke, two players who played the majority of the games and not nearly at the standard required going forward.

**** me, neither should have been kept on for this season just finished.

A schitemare of a decision if true.

I can’t see me going to Tannadice much next season...because it will be patg based on performances.

Flood no. Nowhere near good enough anymore to perform week in week out at the level we require to get out this league.

Murdoch was part of the improved defence that managed to secure 3rd. Better option that Scobbie and Robson at LB and better option than Scobbie and Quinn at CB.

Murdoch- backup utility man, not a first choice and most certainly not captain.
    Flood- more about the coaching and backup player only.
    Otherwise for me it's a terrible decision.

agree completely with sutherland arab!

if both are kept for cover then not fussed as they are both useful at times and have shown they can be decent but if both are going to be key members of next year then its a poor decision to keep both. not up to the level we need to get promoted imo

Both players have been hopelessly found out at this level regularly this year .....and the seasons before if truth be told.

They are not good enough and we should be looking to replace with better players.......mind you Slabber has already had a go at doing that with Lyng, Mason, Slater etc so maybe we should have the fear of what he might do yet!

Papers saying Flood is offered only if he accepts a coaching role.

In an ideal world we'd have our older and more experienced players move into coaching as their playing days wind down.

So if it is in a much reduced playing role and much more a coaching role then I'm ok with it.

Will have to see the others that are signed to try and gauge where Flood would feature on that pecking order.

Murdoch isn't the best but he does work hard. He is likely a strong voice in the dressing room and has bought into the gaffer. That would explain why he's being asked to stay. Every squad has one that gets in no matter what.

For Ray that was Toshney as well as Murdoch. He must be a joy to coach.

Needs to get the basics sorted.

Is Murdoch out of contract? I thought he had a year left. He can be cover but if under contract we should say he can leave if another club comes in. Flood - playing days largely over. As a coach yeah but shouldnt be starting every week.

Then you went and mentioned Toshney. Somehow i had erased him from my memory.... is he still under contract?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)