+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come on Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We got a bit longer at the start of the season there and I don’t think it helped much at all. No point cheering about qualifying for Europe then moaning about playing in the competition.
    Great positive attitude right there....lets not prepare as well as possible because it doesnt matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I just don't get this..??

Why would you want Murderwell to win when it would mean 2 weeks less of a break, 2 weeks less recruitment time and another 2 qualifying games to get through?

It would also remove 2 weeks worth of laughter watching Gerrard's sevco get pumped by unknowns.

Wise up. Who gives a ƒuck what timmy do...we need a proper summer break.

Focus on AFC
    Agree with this as much as we dont want it for AFC a smeltic win is good

I wouldn't mind us playing in the 1st qualifying round as long as it's against a proper diddy team.

We looked woefully unfit and underprepared when we went straight into the 2nd round last season.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I just don't get this..??

Why would you want Murderwell to win when it would mean 2 weeks less of a break, 2 weeks less recruitment time and another 2 qualifying games to get through?

It would also remove 2 weeks worth of laughter watching Gerrard's sevco get pumped by unknowns.

Wise up. Who gives a ƒuck what timmy do...we need a proper summer break.

Focus on AFC
    My focus is on Aberdeen.
    As it stands, our first competitive game will be as an unseeded side in QR2 of the Europa League.

Teams such as: -

Sevilla Esp 113.000
    AZ Alkmaar Ned 25.000
    Maccabi Tel-Aviv * Isr 22.500
    Partizan Belgrade * Srb 17.000
    Burnley FC Eng >15.921
    EL3 Ita 15.249 - 54.000
    EL3 Ger 14.285 - 17.000
    Molde FK * Nor 12.500
    EL3 Fra >11.283 - 24.500
    FC Ufa Rus 10.676
    Apollon Limassol (*) Cyp 10.000

I think we may be better prepared playing a 1st round qualifier with us seeded and the opposition unseeded.
    The dates this year have moved, so QR1 is played roughly the same time as last years QR2, so not losing any time than we did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    My focus is on Aberdeen.
    As it stands, our first competitive game will be as an unseeded side in QR2 of the Europa League.

Teams such as: -

Sevilla Esp 113.000
    AZ Alkmaar Ned 25.000
    Maccabi Tel-Aviv * Isr 22.500
    Partizan Belgrade * Srb 17.000
    Burnley FC Eng >15.921
    EL3 Ita 15.249 - 54.000
    EL3 Ger 14.285 - 17.000
    Molde FK * Nor 12.500
    EL3 Fra >11.283 - 24.500
    FC Ufa Rus 10.676
    Apollon Limassol (*) Cyp 10.000

I think we may be better prepared playing a 1st round qualifier with us seeded and the opposition unseeded.
    The dates this year have moved, so QR1 is played roughly the same time as last years QR2, so not losing any time than we did last year.
    Hmm Sevilla How aboot a rematch again Apollon Limassol Revenge

We're not getting to the groups anyway so I'll take a glamour tie in the sun wherever it lands. Sevilla in QR2 would do me fine. Or Milan if they drop into the qualifiers. Better that than getting knocked out against relative dross like Kairat Almaty or Apollon Limassol.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    We're not getting to the groups anyway so I'll take a glamour tie in the sun wherever it lands. Sevilla in QR2 would do me fine. Or Milan if they drop into the qualifiers. Better that than getting knocked out against relative dross like Kairat Almaty or Apollon Limassol.
    Yeah, so we get the glamour tie in the second round, but have had two competitive games under our belt before hand.
    If we draw against a medium seeded side, those two games could be beneficial if up against a team playing their first competitive games and may help us to get to QR3.

I think the extra games would be beneficial

Better than playing East Fife or Arbroath in a friendly

mon the 'well

Not fussed who wins the cup, bottom line is we should've been in that final but due to poor recruitment and a serious lack of balls we blew another crack at Tims in the showpiece finale ! I agree though that going in at q1 is beneficial and it's usually sharpened us up for q2 in previous years. Straight in at q2 against a seeded side is a fair chance your getting pumped oot at first hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think the extra games would be beneficial

Better than playing East Fife or Arbroath in a friendly

mon the 'well
    Friendly games are a lot of cr@p anyway. You learn more with competitive football. As you state Pacman C’mon the well and f@ck the double treble!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast