+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owners meeting in London this week

we dont waste money fkb we never spend any to waste it !!

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    we dont waste money fkb we never spend any to waste it !!
    Dean Hammond?

I could list lots and lots more, but it would take too long.

Over the years we have wasted a phenomenal amount. That’s been the problem.

yes we have ronnie but this club has more often than not not speculated when weve been in good positions but weve now got a great manager who can take us to the premier league he will walk if the boardroom does not back him think thats a certainty

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Dean Hammond?

The money we've wasted has been phenomenal. Recently it's been Dean Hammond, Martyn Woolford, Darryl Westlake, Michael Higdon, Jay McEverley and many others didn't work out but we paid peanuts and got monkeys.
    Same as practically every player we paid peanuts for in the 1980's, lot's of players we paid peanuts for in the 90's and you can trace it all the way back to the 1970's when we paid peanuts and got Jeff Bourne and Barry Butlin

The constant filling of the squad with average/poor carthorses has wasted more money and cost us so much more than what being the first club to sign a million pound player would have done.

Any player can fail or not fit in at a club, but I would say that at least 70% of the players we've had at the club during my years have ranged somewhere between absolutely stinking goddamn f@cking awful to just downright terrible.

if you were just merely a poor player you'd be in the top 30%

That's where the money has been wasted
    Last edited by JJBlade; 15-05-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Dean Hammond?

how many of them players did you think were a waste before they kicked a ball for us. do ya think in hindsight we would have wasted the money. no one can predict how bad certain players can perform when they go to a different club. and how many players have people said why we signing them their done there past it or there crap and actually have become cult heros cause of how well they,ve performed. everybody creamed their pants when dean hammond signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    how many of them players did you think were a waste before they kicked a ball for us. do ya think in hindsight we would have wasted the money. no one can predict how bad certain players can perform when they go to a different club. and how many players have people said why we signing them their done there past it or there crap and actually have become cult heros cause of how well they,ve performed. everybody creamed their pants when dean hammond signed.
    I will give you a name Twirls,big big waste of money,who everyone thought,oh no not him......Lee Hendrie,bled our club dry, and happy to do so,Christopher has said when he signs a player,he checks out what they are like on and off the field,to prevent anymore Lee Hendries,and good on him for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I will give you a name Twirls,big big waste of money,who everyone thought,oh no not him......Lee Hendrie,bled our club dry, and happy to do so,Christopher has said when he signs a player,he checks out what they are like on and off the field,to prevent anymore Lee Hendries,and good on him for doing so.
    can you name more than one, naming just one dosnt justify blaming the club/past managers for wasting money before we knew they didnt perform. quite obviously i dont mean in hindsight waste of money

can you name more than one, naming just one dosnt justify blaming the club/past managers for wasting money before we knew they didnt perform. quite obviously i dont mean in hindsight waste of money
    Let me have a think about it,but for starters,Ebrell and Piggy Curran,maybe,Ebrell couldn't even pass a medical and yet we gave him a contract,nobody I knew was in favour of signing that Pig.

In the interests of balance,I can give you 2 players who we signed,and some had doubts about,but performed brilliantly for us,Gordon Cowans and Stuart McCall.

Not everybody, Twirls.
    I didn’t!
    To be honest, that was because I could never remember having seen him play.
    If I hadn’t actually seen him, I couldn’t give an opinion (although that doesn’t stop some on here), and if I had seen him and couldn’t remember, then he couldn’t have played particularly well. Either way, I had no idea if he was any good or not.
    Of course, it could all be down to my dementia setting in!

Have they met yet? Will happily go and eavesdrop/heckle if not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast