+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelvey

Shelvey

For me (bias) he's one of my first names on the England team sheet he needs to go to the world cup he's a game changer but that's not why i started this thread.

Am i the ONLY person who is sick of reading on twitter and other social media platforms about shelvey shouldn't go because hes a red card waiting to happen etc and its usually comments from people who are ignorant and don't support us or watch our games that make these comments. it bugs the life out of me how many people jump on the band wagon and just copy what some idiot posts!!!

Jonjo Shelvey has had LESS cards this season than Wheelchair, livermore, Henderson and dier Hes only had 4 yellows all season 2 of which in same game led to red card and he hasn't been booked since the 13th of december!! Dele Alli is more of a red card waiting to happen than Shelvey is but of course the twitter sheep will follow the idiotic herd.

Anyways RANT OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    For me (bias) he's one of my first names on the England team sheet he needs to go to the world cup he's a game changer but that's not why i started this thread.

Am i the ONLY person who is sick of reading on twitter and other social media platforms about shelvey shouldn't go because hes a red card waiting to happen etc and its usually comments from people who are ignorant and don't support us or watch our games that make these comments. it bugs the life out of me how many people jump on the band wagon and just copy what some idiot posts!!!

Jonjo Shelvey has had LESS cards this season than Wheelchair, livermore, Henderson and dier Hes only had 4 yellows all season 2 of which in same game led to red card and he hasn't been booked since the 13th of december!! Dele Alli is more of a red card waiting to happen than Shelvey is but of course the twitter sheep will follow the idiotic herd.

Anyways RANT OVER.
    Yup, easy and lazy opinions being aired by the uninformed windbags who want to appear knowledgeable. Cliches from years ago they heard Merson mumble once and its stuck with them as undisputable fact. Bit like the old "fickle Newcastle fans wanting their manager sacked" one or my particular favourite the team "isn't playing the Man United way, or the Arsenal way etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Yup, easy and lazy opinions being aired by the uninformed windbags who want to appear knowledgeable. Cliches from years ago they heard Merson mumble once and its stuck with them as undisputable fact. Bit like the old "fickle Newcastle fans wanting their manager sacked" one or my particular favourite the team "isn't playing the Man United way, or the Arsenal way etc".
    Exactly or the Newcastle fans expect Champions League football IM SICK OF HEARING THAT hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    Exactly or the Newcastle fans expect Champions League football IM SICK OF HEARING THAT hahaha
    ....akin to the old chestnut of "the Newcastle fans have unreasonably high expectations of their manager and owner" or the "Mike Ashley has invested heavily in NUFC and is under appreciated" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Best of all was being criticised by some commentators earlier in the season for fully supporting Rafa eventhough our results weren't good. Behind all of the comments on this thread: we aren't media darlings therefore, not worth the effort of serious reporting.

Regardless of whether Shelvey should go or not - I think he should. That is bang on about the card comments.

Yet southgate will take Alli and his discipline what a shock he plays in london so no surprise, sooner southgate gets the sack the better he is useless

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Yet southgate will take Alli and his discipline what a shock he plays in london so no surprise, sooner southgate gets the sack the better he is useless
    Aye but so are England and so he's well suited. Another car crash WC coming up for England. They can't even select players who can win games for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Aye but so are England and so he's well suited. Another car crash WC coming up for England. They can't even select players who can win games for the team.
    Absolutely its always the golden boys get picked and in form quality players get ignored, Im supporting Serbia and Peru this summer

shelvey aint good enough for a world cup team

good player
    but to undisciplined both in temperment and also his workrate on the pitch
    tracking back etc
    if england play 3 they wont play shelvey as he leaves to many big gaps in the middle when he drops of to ping one or is to slow tracking back when he goes forward

we have seen loads of times this season where players have run past him and scored or assisited in the other team scoring a goal

he tracks back to about 23 yards out and just stops and watches

nexy people will be saying lascelles shoud go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)