+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: All-time Football League Positions 1888-2018

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I think Jordaos goal at Molineux in 2002 was significant, after which Dave Jones famously said,"Albion have won a battle but we will win the war."
    Yes and Sir Gary reminded all the players of that and the rest is history.

It was Sir Jack though who gave us that great team talk.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It was Sir Jack though who gave us that great team talk.
    Great memories

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...erers-13959985

The funniest thing was the inbreds turned on the "golden tit" as well, but they probably can't recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    So Eve are you saying if Albion play W0lve3 in a mid table league match or the FA Cup the result means nothing!?

I'll post later about the significance or otherwise of some these tonkings

Unless it results in winning the FA cup or a league title all it merits is bragging rights for whoever gets the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Unless it results in winning the FA cup or a league title all it merits is bragging rights for whoever gets the result.
    In other words: playing in the 4th Division is on a par with ManU finishing 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You talk so much bollux I think you're deluding yourself. Nobody else in this world would come up with such a pile of carp.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    In other words: playing in the 4th Division is on a par with ManU finishing 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You talk so much bollux I think you're deluding yourself. Nobody else in this world would come up with such a pile of carp.

What has playing in the fourth division and Man Utd finishing second got to do with anything it's a ridiculous comparison you really do live up to your user name sometimes! all anybody remembers about a particular season is who won the respective league and who won domestic and European trophies and lately in the Premier league who finished in the top four everything else is pretty much forgotten. You might think that's a pile of Cr*p but it's my opinion which is just as valid as yours.

What has playing in the fourth division and Man Utd finishing second got to do with anything it's a ridiculous comparison you really do live up to your user name sometimes! all anybody remembers about a particular season is who won the respective league and who won domestic and European trophies and lately in the Premier league who finished in the top four everything else is pretty much forgotten. You might think that's a pile of Cr*p but it's my opinion which is just as valid as yours.
    This Thread was entitled "All-time Football League Positions". Just in case you can't interpret what that means, go back to the original posting. It's not entitled "Who's won the League/Cup the most times" or "Who's the most Famous".
    It's a good measure, though, of who has accomplished the best League positions since 1888. (If Wombles & Wigan had stayed at the top end, they'd still be a long way behind the likes of Blues, who have won nothing but been pretty consistently in the top Division). Can you understand now?
    Hope this is the last post on this topic.

I'm pretty sure your small brain can understand this., You're just winding us up because Wo1ve5 are not quite as accomplished as your Grandad told you.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    This Thread was entitled "All-time Football League Positions". Just in case you can't interpret what that means, go back to the original posting. It's not entitled "Who's won the League/Cup the most times" or "Who's the most Famous".
    It's a good measure, though, of who has accomplished the best League positions since 1888. (If Wombles & Wigan had stayed at the top end, they'd still be a long way behind the likes of Blues, who have won nothing but been pretty consistently in the top Division). Can you understand now?
    Hope this is the last post on this topic.

I'm pretty sure your small brain can understand this., You're just winding us up because Wo1ve5 are not quite as accomplished as your Grandad told you.

If you hadn't tried to say this totally flawed formula was in some way a gauge of WBA's superiority over Wolves then you probably wouldn't have got the vociferous response you have. but in trying to defend the many idiosyncrasies it contains we can't take you seriously. But with my brain that is at least the same size as yours,i can quite categorically say without consulting my Grandad who was a Villa fan, that Wolves are at least as, accomplished as WBA and in some cases more so!

If you hadn't tried to say this totally flawed formula was in some way a gauge of WBA's superiority over Wolves then you probably wouldn't have got the vociferous response you have. but in trying to defend the many idiosyncrasies it contains we can't take you seriously. But with my brain that is at least the same size as yours,i can quite categorically say without consulting my Grandad who was a Villa fan, that Wolves are at least as, accomplished as WBA and in some cases more so!
    Agreed wo1ve5 are in some cases more accomplished than WBA and vice versa. W0lve3 have won more trophies albeit due almost exclusively to one 10 year period whereas WBA have been much better at maintaining a place in the top division, staying out of the lower division and in recent years tonking you in matches that matter.
    Truth is they are both fine football clubs with great histories and hopefully bright futures.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 31-05-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)