+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More than £10m for Brooks

More than £10m for Brooks

Star reckons Bournemouth have intimated that they are willing to pay more than £10m for Brooks

"Although the United manager refused to divulge either the source of the approach or identity of those involved, he did confirm Brooks’ potential suitors had suggested they would be ready to pay more than £10m to acquire his services should the 20-year-old become available."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ooks-1-9163988
    Last edited by blades58; 14-05-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Snatch their hand off before he gets another fever.

We should negotiate them down to £1.5m, a crap loan player and a friendly that never actually gets organised...

for once lets inflate the price like other clubs do start at 20 million and see what happens from there the boy wonder is a fantastic prospect but if we could say get 12 to 15 million for him i would say sell then all we need to worry about is how much our board would give chris out of that figure my guess would be half at best

£10m wouldn't get championship clubs their main striking target. no need to sell his potential for that

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    my guess would be half at best
    My guess would be a couple of million for fees, wages and probably paying for his training kit too

personally i dont think we can lose if he stays or goes we get something out of either scenario

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    personally i dont think we can lose if he stays or goes we get something out of either scenario
    I've always maintained I've got nothing against him going, as long as 1) we get a fair amount for him and 2) Tufty is allowed to reinvest that money in the first team. If either or both of those criteria aren't met, we don't get anything out of selling him.

ive a feeling carpe that if we sell brooks and chris isnt given a substantial part of any fee we receive for him he would resign hes a man of principle and wont stand for any bull***t from up top

Well we'd better sell him before he needs a new contract, he'll want a mans wage next time