+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PL Dash - Results after fixtures of 13/5/18

Post PL Dash - Results after fixtures of 13/5/18

PL Dash - Results after fixtures of 13/5/18.

Please check (and, errr, let me know, like!) for errors and omissions. Remember, as both a twenty year bond holding Leeds fan and a New England Patriots season ticket holder, I'm barely human and the stresses and strains of both literally and figuratively using my cranium to enter your incredibly well-considered scores isn't always as accurate as it might be. Oh, and it hurts too.

Results:

Lufc74 / 21
    MORRIM / 21
    Davee59 / 21
    Lufcjohn88 / 21
    Belper69Ram / 18
    Hgatenasty / 18
    Tichi1 / 18
    Yeboah01 / 18
    Denver11 / 15
    Orgoner / 15
    Pissbelly / 15
    Silentman / 15
    Dalek / 12

There were thir**** official entrants this year (default, strike and roboposter "predictions" were only eligible for the league) and it ended up being a close competition.

Looking at the fixtures, most of the so-called big fish did just enough to win their games and, after the dust had settled, there were six home wins, four away wins and, somewhat surprisingly, no draws, which is unusual for end-of-season dead rubber matches.

I guess a couple of the outcomes could be considered to be unexpected, but there was one bonkers scoreline that ended up having ramifications for this competition. More on this later....

Four posters scored a healthy twenty-one points out of the sixty available to initially share the top spot.

Well done to Davee59 (xOOOOOOxOx), Lufc74 (xxOOOOOxOO), Lufcjohn88 (xEOOOxOxOx) and MORRIM (xOOOOxOxOO).

Lightning obviously strikes thrice as Lufcjohn88, Lufc74 and Davee59 finished first, second and third in the 2016/17 PL Dash!

There can only be one winner in this competition though, so we now go through the various tiebreak conditions to place the four in reverse order:

In the event of a tie for first place, the eventual Dash winner will be determined to be (in order) the poster with

1) The most correct outcomes

Davee59, Lufc74 and MORRIM picked seven correct outcomes. Lufcjohn88 picked one exact scoreline and five correct outcomes.

So...

Lufcjohn88 finishes fourth.

followed by

2) The closest to the total number of goals scored

Davee59 predicted 27 goals.
    Lufc74 predicted 32 goals.
    MORRIM predicted 29 goals.

Selectively taking nine of the ten games played, there were 22 goals scored. 27 goals should win then?

Nope! Davee59's beloved Spurs shared nine goals with Leicester to boost the final goal total to 31.

So...

Davee59 finishes third.
    MORRIM finishes second.
    Lufc74 wins the PL Dash.

I'm glad we didn't have to drop to "The earliest to post (based on your last valid posting)" as that seems like splitting atoms rather than hairs.

Well done to all four, you're all winners:

2017/18 PL Dash Winner: Lufc74
    2017/18 PL Dash Runners-up: MORRIM (2), Davee59 (3), Lufcjohn88 (4)

Many thanks to all who took the time to enter.

The results:

(P) Burnley v AFC Bournemouth 1-2
    (P) Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion 2-0
    (P) Huddersfield Town v Arsenal 0-1
    (P) Liverpool v Brighton and Hove Albion 4-0
    (P) Manchester United v Watford 1-0
    (P) Newcastle United v Chelsea 3-0
    (P) Southampton v Manchester City 0-1
    (P) Swansea City v Stoke City 1-2
    (P) Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City 5-4
    (P) West Ham United v Everton 3-1

Hopefully we'll see you all again next season and, if you've not quite had enough of this predicting lark, there will be a World Cup PL running once I've got my breath back.

Enjoy the summer!
    Last edited by Orgoner; 14-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Lufc74 - I've just shot you a pm to get your address details for the trophy.

No huge rush though - I'll probably wait until the WC competition has finished before making/sending any trophies across.

Cheers!

I won the pl dash in a photo finish,get in...thanks for running the comp orgs and ive replyed to the pm mate.

Quote Originally Posted by lufc74 View Post
    I won the pl dash in a photo finish,get in...thanks for running the comp orgs and ive replyed to the pm mate.
    Ta!

Thanks for running this (and the regular weekly prediction league each week). Gotta be a pain in the *rse sometimes to have to do, but thanks once again. Looking forward to doing the World Cup predictions (have you no sense for taking on even more !!) and next seasons. Glad in many ways that my team failed pretty miserably in my view in the Play Offs, still in many ways the Championship is more interesting etc than the money rich Premiership. Have a nice summer all posters.

I am very happy to finish 3rd along with my beloved Spurs. Many thanks again Orgoner for all your hard work throughout the season. Enjoy your break before the World Cup starts!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)