+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

Quote Originally Posted by redrowie View Post
    I remember that game. 7 going on 10. We went to Parkhead and won top go the next week I think.
    That's the game where the famous (I was going to say 'iconic' but I leave that to the P&J) photie of Joe, on his knees, in front of the King Street End, was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Aberdeen 0-0 St Johnstone

November 1990 i had just turned 3
    I was definitely at that game min, I mine it cos we had a relative over fae Canada so took him along to show him some Scottish fitba at its finest! My first would've been 2 or 3 years earlier , porterfield era, against Dundee and I think it was 1-1

I genuinely canna mind. Think it might have been the game when Paul McStay made his league debut for Celtic in 1981 and we lost 3-1 but wouldn't be able to swear on it. Need to pick my old boy's brains. Or what's left of them !

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    RWD Molenbeek in UEFA cup is first one I remember 1977 I think

About 7 years old- left in the car with a glass bottle of coke and a bag o crisps after the game while the old man and his mate had 4 pints in the Caley golf club then drove home back of 11
    Nothing wrong with that. Same parenting qualities as my old man. The 19th hole was my usual coke and a bag o crisps. Was at that moleenbek match. Main stand 8yd old. No idea if first game.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. Same parenting qualities as my old man. The 19th hole was my usual coke and a bag o crisps. Was at that moleenbek match. Main stand 8yd old. No idea if first game.
    Aye kids have it far too easy nowadays. Being left in a boiling car for 4 hours with my brother the occasional coke and packet of crisps thrown in whilst my old boy and granddad got blootered in the boozer never did me any harm !

Halloween 1970, game to the Jute. 4-0, I think Forrest and Harper shared the goals. We wore that "Chelsea" strip.
    At the front of the Beach End, taken along by my Hun faither in a Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch, post divorce stylee.

You'll all miss it when it's gone. You'll all wish you were back in it within 2 years of it going.

I was Aberdeen 5 Dundee 2 in Jan 1990

I think it was 1977, in the Beach end V St.Mirren.
    Lost 2-1 I think, with King Joey missing a penalty in the last few mins to scrape a draw.

Memory a little fuzzy, but it was a long time ago........

Shame I didn't have the money to buy the club and redevelop Pittodrie........would be first thing on the agenda if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You'll all miss it when it's gone. You'll all wish you were back in it within 2 years of it going.

I was Aberdeen 5 Dundee 2 in Jan 1990
    Van der Ark screamer in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I think it was 1977, in the Beach end V St.Mirren.
    Lost 2-1 I think, with King Joey missing a penalty in the last few mins to scrape a draw.

Memory a little fuzzy, but it was a long time ago........

Shame I didn't have the money to buy the club and redevelop Pittodrie........would be first thing on the agenda if i could.
    78-79, I think.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast