+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. Same parenting qualities as my old man. The 19th hole was my usual coke and a bag o crisps. Was at that moleenbek match. Main stand 8yd old. No idea if first game.
    Aye, did me no harm although do remember my old man getting grief from my mother. Sat in the Beach end “right side” believe we lost.
    The Dundee game on 1st Jan 1990 was one of my favourite games. Broke my hand 5 minutes into new year punching something I shouldn’t have. Went to A&E the next morning to be told 6 hours to be seen. **** that went to the pub got half cut and went to the game. Was in agony on the 2nd mind

October 1966 I believe. 2-1 win vs Hibs. Had a look on AFC Heritage and apparently Ernie Winchester was the very first Aberdeen player to come on as a sub at home. Scored as well. Ernie Winchester, I mind him scoring in that Scottish Cup replay game also against Hibs on a midweek. 44,000 at that game, my Dad let me go down near the front of the beach end for that game, nearly killed in the crush.

Jan 1971 v Clyde, 4-1 victory, in the main stand with my dear old dad.

My Dad took me to a few games in the early 80s when I was really young but I have no memory of them,the first one I remember was against Dundee Utd in January 1988 it was a boring 0-0.

February 1971 it was, against St Mirren. Jim Forrest.

Always remember walking down the Merkland Road for the first time.

South terrace half way between the Paddock and the centre line up against the wall.

I miss the terraces.

March ‘82 2-1 win against Dundee United. Hewitt scored, and became my favourite player ever!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    My Dad took me to a few games in the early 80s when I was really young but I have no memory of them,the first one I remember was against Dundee Utd in January 1988 it was a boring 0-0.
    Remember that game well, place was packed and had to actually queue halfway up Merkland Road still half cut fae Hogmany celebrations.

Monday 5th Aug 1991 was my first,

A friendly Vs Man Utd, drew 1-1 and have a feeling theo ten caat scored a screamer (well it was some time ago). I do remember the crowd gasping when Micheal Schmeichel threw the ball out way over the half way line. Sadly lost on pens but was a cracking day.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    Monday 5th Aug 1991 was my first,

A friendly Vs Man Utd, drew 1-1 and have a feeling theo ten caat scored a screamer (well it was some time ago). I do remember the crowd gasping when Micheal Schmeichel threw the ball out way over the half way line. Sadly lost on pens but was a cracking day.
    I think that would have been the "Tall Ships Challenge" match.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    I think that would have been the "Tall Ships Challenge" match.
    It certainly was

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast