+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Wait a minute. Wasn't that the game played hours after the Charlie Nicholas speculation rose, which definetly added a good few thousand onto the gate? Utd games were always well attended in those days, as were festive games, but that didn't account for the near sell out crowd, it was the Nicholas news.

Sh1te sh1te game.
    Yeah it was the week after that Charlie Nicholas made his debut at Hibs,Peter Nicholas played in that Dundee Utd game along with Tom Jones who came off the bench which was not unusual in them days I was told.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...8&squad=Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I work with a guy who speaks to Charlie a lot in some cafe in the West End of Glasgow they both frequent. He says hes one of the nicest guy you could meet and an all round great dude
    During his time with us, when we had a "big" game him and a bunch of his pals from the Weeg would usually pitch up at the Marine in Stony of a Sunday afternoon.

Decent enough crew, dressed a bit poncy but nice enough guys and gals.

Charlie seemed a decent fella, didnae give it the big un, few pints, few games of pool, got the craic wi the locals.

Also worth saying that for someone that absolutely mangles himself on TV, he’s the most intelligent football player I’ve ever seen

Absolutely no idea of my first game. Born in ‘65 and lived at Pittodrie Place on the corner of King Street. Think it would have been around 68/69.

Like all of us, some great and some awful memories. Two awful memories stick in my head from Pittodrie. Getting beat 2-1 by Dundee in the Scottish Cup, left Pittodrie greeting that day. Plus, seeing the Rangers win the league at Pittodrie, the remembrance of Graham Roberts celebrating haunts me to this day.

Scotland 1 Belgium 0 (John O'Hare). Ah was 10 years old ... starry eyed and jist being so awestruck at seein Bremner, Buchan, Johnstone, Jardine, Dalglish etc .... in 'real life', and the sight and sound o' a near 40,000 crowd, that Ah dinna remember much aboot the game. https://www.11v11.com/matches/scotla...r-1971-231628/

My second game at Pittodrie, first Dons game, was again one involvin' Tommy Docherty as a manager.

Aberdeen 5 Man U. 2

Again, starstruck .... Clark, Harper, Robb, Varga .... legends! ... and then there wis a few of the opposition worth a mention .... Best, Stepney, Buchan, Morgan, McDougall, McIllroy ....
    .... Only saw half the game tho .... a few o' us were playin fitba in the Sandilands/Ferriers backies early evenin, and somebody suggested we toddle ower tae Pittodrie and get in at half time for nithin ..... nae argument .... owner o' 'oor' fitba lobbed said ba' up intae his verrandah, and we started walkin.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...6&squad=Senior
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 18-05-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Keith Edwards debut, so long ago but I am are it was against Dunfermline, he actually scored, I was in the Merkland with my dad. 3 nil we won, pretty sure Keith Hackett scored too. I was just caught up in the excitement of seeing them actually in the flesh. 84/85 season, remember staying at my Auntie Noras house in Inverbervie. The youth club was actually equally eventful of that weekend. Loved the whole weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    Keith Edwards debut, so long ago but I am are it was against Dunfermline, he actually scored, I was in the Merkland with my dad. 3 nil we won, pretty sure Keith Hackett scored too. I was just caught up in the excitement of seeing them actually in the flesh. 84/85 season, remember staying at my Auntie Noras house in Inverbervie. The youth club was actually equally eventful of that weekend. Loved the whole weekend.
    Can’t beat Bervie for a day oot.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Scotland 1 Belgium 0 (John O'Hare)
    John O’Hare is a player that folk would struggle to recognise, but he cuts about our neck of the woods as a European Cup winner. A titan in Scotland’s Home of football. The Renton

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    *Gary* Hackett.

Been a few mentions of the Beach End and it’s got me thinking...was the Beach End actually called that or did it have an official name like Beach Road Stand but a’buddy just called it the Beach End?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast