+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    Monday 5th Aug 1991 was my first,

A friendly Vs Man Utd, drew 1-1 and have a feeling theo ten caat scored a screamer (well it was some time ago). I do remember the crowd gasping when Micheal Schmeichel threw the ball out way over the half way line. Sadly lost on pens but was a cracking day.
    Schmeichel made his Man Utd debut the day before, for Alex Wright’s testimonial at Boghead.

Just in case it comes up in a quiz...

No idea what first game was (over 50 years ago) team would have included Jinky Smith, Jim Whyte, Bobby Clark Ally Shewan etc.
    I remember more of the team when Jens Petersen, Henning Boel,Alex Willoughby ,Jim Forrest, Davie Robb were in it (all red kit).

Carried in over the turnstile like most youngsters and then crushed on way out as crowds converged on exit ( sometimes your feet would only touch the ground as crowd fanned out 5 feet outside ground.

First Favourite player was Ally Shewan and ask me to name an Aberdeen line and it still begins "Clark Boel Hermiston"

When I see the replica historic kits I still see them as a player of the time ( whether these are accurate I don't know)
    All red -Jinky white round neck Bumper Harper etc , Collar and V neck Jarvie , stripes down front Joe Smith, .....The Northsound blue thing with a scarf made of sick down it Eoin Jess ! Bizarre choice for such a cultured player

Wee Erchie can remember his first game as it was the only one where Homer Simpson was on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Remember that game well, place was packed and had to actually queue halfway up Merkland Road still half cut fae Hogmany celebrations.
    Wait a minute. Wasn't that the game played hours after the Charlie Nicholas speculation rose, which definetly added a good few thousand onto the gate? Utd games were always well attended in those days, as were festive games, but that didn't account for the near sell out crowd, it was the Nicholas news.

Sh1te sh1te game.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Wait a minute. Wasn't that the game played hours after the Charlie Nicholas speculation rose, which definetly added a good few thousand onto the gate? Utd games were always well attended in those days, as were festive games, but that didn't account for the near sell out crowd, it was the Nicholas news.

Sh1te sh1te game.
    I seem to recall the pre-Charlie New Year sell out was against Dunfermline, 0-0, but I could be wrang.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I seem to recall the pre-Charlie New Year sell out was against Dunfermline, 0-0, but I could be wrang.
    In this instance for once Kendo, you are, the jute’s faces coming from the Broadhill was a picture as they saw the q.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Agreed. Hibs away was debut then the pars at home. Or are the years playing tricks

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Agreed. Hibs away was debut then the pars at home. Or are the years playing tricks
    Hibs away was the debut, I was there (did he hit the post?) but the pre-signing "bumper gate" I was convinced was the Pars, hey-ho, the old memory ain't what t'was.

I just couldn’t believe we signed him in the first place.

I work with a guy who speaks to Charlie a lot in some cafe in the West End of Glasgow they both frequent. He says hes one of the nicest guy you could meet and an all round great dude

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I work with a guy who speaks to Charlie a lot in some cafe in the West End of Glasgow they both frequent. He says hes one of the nicest guy you could meet and an all round great dude
    That cafe was bought with the proceeds of ching money. So the story goes anyway

See also Oran Mor

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast